White Lies

CHAPTER 15

Shen Yue's POV

Work has been boring this day. All I did was just pile up all the documents that I already finished working. So, I decided to lure around the office and maybe head to Fei's department I owe him an apology after what happened between him and Dylan.

I was walking down the hallway when I suddenly overheard my officemates gossips. They were talking about the new boss.

"I wasn't expecting that he will be our new boss", the girl said.

"Me too. I think I would ask our HR manager to transfer me to other department near the boss' office." The other girl giddily said.

"Did you know there's a rumor that her supposed to be fiancé turned down his proposal?"

"Oh, really? I didn't heard about that. But I guess that would be a good thing right? since we will have a chance."

Now I'm getting curious even more about our new boss. But just by thinking of his situation I pity him. Poor guy, it must be hard to be in his situation right now. I suddenly wonder what happened between him and his girlfriend.

I almost jumped from where I was standing upon hearing a loud voice from my behind.

"Boo!!" Fei Fei shouted and shook my shoulder.

"Heeyyy!" I kicked him in an instant and I saw him laughing at me.

"Fei Fei, I almost had a heart attack! You're so mean you know that?!" I pouted and gazed at him.

"Hahahaha. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I was just trying to knock you out of your senses. You were so serious then." He explained.

"Ehhh. . I know you're not sorry you just love making fun of me", I eyed him suspiciously.

He patted my head lightly, "I really am. By the way why were you here? Where were you going?" He smiled upon asking me.

"I was supposed to go to your department and talk to you. And since you're here, I want to apologized about what happened between you and Dylan."

"No don't be. I do understand why he acted like that. He must be really jealous seeing you with other guy. He loves you Yue, I can see the way he looked and acted seeing the both of us together."

"Really?"

"Yes, I know exactly how he feels."

"But, Fei Fei I still want to apologize. I don't want to ruin our friendship because of a small misunderstanding."

"Yue, don't worry about that okay? I really am fine. Come, I'll walk you back to your department." He gestured for me to walk and I nodded.

I was back at my desk, minutes later my supervisor gave me a heads up and signalled 5. I know what that means. I suddenly got excited.

I've been waiting for this moment to happen. I gathered all my things and head to our meeting room.

"Good morning!" Our supervisor greeted us with so much delight on her face.

"Since everyone is here already, and by everyone means my best staffs in my department. I want to make an announcement," she paused for a while and took a deep breath.

"So we all know that our department was chosen to make a proposal regarding the big business company that our team has been targeting to work with, I decided to chose 3 of you to lead and make a concept. And I am giving you two weeks to prepare. I am expecting that you will be able to make one, present it to me and I will chose from the 3 groups who will be the winner. And by that it means whoever gets to be chosen will be the one to make the proposal to the Wang Corporation."