PROMISES

CHAPTER 16

Dylan's POV

What's good with having such a reliable friends is that you can always count on them. Glad to be able to finish preparing all the things that I needed in such a short span of time. The stage is looking good with all the balloons and all the decorations.

People might not acknowledge this as the usual Punchline stage that they might know. I am thankful that the owner of this hotel is Connor's uncle we got his permission to use this event for my surprise. We were able to notify the coordinator of the Punchline in an instant that we need to make an arrangement for the show.

I didn't know this would be so hard. Here I am standing near the stage waiting for my baobei to arrive. I am starting to get nervous the moment I saw the place almost packed with a lot of people.

"You can do this Dylan! All for Shen Yue. Jiayou self!" I said to myself lightly tapping my shoulders and shrugging off all the negativity that's been bugging me.

It's already 7:30 in the evening, Shen Yue will be here any moment now. I gotta prepare myself already to meet the love of my life. And as if on cue, Caesar messaged me saying that Shen Yue is already outside the function hall on her way to enter.

I quickly hid myself near the backstage so that she won't see me. I froze as soon as I saw her. The memories of seing her for the first time brought back to me. I thank God for introducing me to the most beautiful angel sent from above.

"Beautiful as always", I said out loud hoping no one heard me talking to myself.

I notice her looking around the place as if looking for someone she knew. And then walked towards the vacant table. I purposely told all the waiter to vacate that place for her to have a very good spot near the center stage.

My heart pounding so fast looking at her all smiles as she held the tulip I prepared for her. I knew she loves yellow but I didn't knew if she will love the tulip. I purposely chose that flower because I like the hidden meaning of the flower, it somehow matches our current situation which is totally progressing.

I silently prayed that I won't make any mistake upon performing on stage. This will be the very first time that I will sing in front of so many people. I got worried a little bit on what the outcome maybe.

The show is now already starting. The crowd started to turn all their attention on the stage. I know now why Shen Yue loves to watch this show on tv, it really gives you good vibes washing off all the worries that you have and turning your mood into a very good one. But seeing it live is so much more different than just watching it on tv. It makes it more funnier watching them on your own eyes.

The moment I saw her laughing, all my worries faded in an instant. I always love to see her laugh or smile, it feels like I have done something good in my life whenever I get to see her smile because of my doing.

It will only take more minutes before I'd be performing. I tried to relax all my muscles and had to check myself on the mirror for the last time before heading up on stage.

Then, the emcee announced to everyone about a special performance. Here we go! It's my time now.

I walk my way out the backstage going to the center stage, feeling nervous yet excited at the same time. I can't wait to see Shen Yue's reaction.

Upon positioning myself at the stage holding the microphone and getting ready to sing, I scanned the crowd and turned my attention directly to one exact person - Shen Yue.

Our eyes met.

The food that she was about to eat fell off her mouth as she gasped in surprise seeing me standing in the center stage. I smirked and winked at her shocked face.