Bitter Sweet

CHAPTER 13

Shen Yue's POV

I don't really like mornings, actually, I hated mornings till there was you. Others might see mornings as a start to a new page of their lives,  a brighter day, a new hope for a better life. But for me, it was totally the opposite.

Before I have no control over my life. I know my parents love me so much that sometimes they forget that I am their child, not to mention their ONLY child. They treated me like I am their puppet, always doing what they wanted me to do.

. . . . . .  . . . . .
( Flashback )

"Shen Yue, darling wake up now." My mom's soothing voice was somehow my morning clock when I was still young.

"Mommy, just 5 more minutes please. . " I pleaded and go back to sleep.

But not long enough my mom showered me with kisses and tickled me.

"Time's up baby girl!" I laugh so hard and got up from bed.

"Alright! Alright! I'm up now, please stop it already mom." I continued to giggle and stand up properly just to hug my mom.

"Good Morning baby girl!" She greeted me happily.

"Good Morning too", I smiled as my mom hug me back.

"Take a bath now and after that go downstairs your father is already waiting at the breakfast table."

"Okay, mom!"

This. This has been our routine every morning. Mom waking me up from bed and the three of us will have breakfast together.

Actually, the truth is I never really hated mornings. I used to love mornings not until one morning, that day, that exact morning that I can never forget.

"Baby girl, wake up!" My mom tickled me again and showered me with kisses the usual habit.

"Mom, stop pleasee" I pleaded but that time, she never stopped. So, I accidentally pushed her down to my bed.

"Mommy, I am so sorry." I turned my back to face her and was shocked as I saw blood on my carpet.

My eyes widened as I face my mom and saw her shaking and terrified with so much blood running in her legs while she's holding her belly.

"Call your dad! Faster!" She shouted and I run downstairs to get to my dad. That incident happened so fast.

I never found out that my mom was pregnant with my younger sibling not until that incident happened. And just by that they lost their second child because of me.

They never scolded me or made me feel that it was my fault that they lost their second child because of what I did. They never lift their hands to hurt me physically, but they went more than that. I felt that they tormented me emotionally. Since then, things had change.

Mornings didn't feel the same as per usual. But my mom will still wake me up but doesn't have that same excitement as we had before. She will only knock on my door and the moment that I heard her I always got up quickly and respond to her.

Things change little by little, they became strict to me. Having to enrolled me in different classes while I was still young. Ballet lessons, Pianno, art class, things that I never really needed for when I was still too young. That made me hate mornings, it was somehow became my signal that I needed to work on something again for my parents.

I always thought before that everytime I follow them they get to treat me again the same way as before. That is why I always do my best to please them. I never questioned my parents. I always did everything that they asked me to do.