You Found Me

CHAPTER 5

Dylan's POV

Living the life of an Heir is not as easy as what people would see. There will be a lot of sacrifices to make. And most of the time your own happiness is at stake.

Bigger power means bigger responsibilities, such as making major corporate decision, which is where I think I am good at.

But there's more to being the next CEO of a big company. A lot of things are needed to be handled.

Social gathering, which is one of the most important thing in the business industry. You will meet a lot of possible business associate while socializing.

And this time, I am currently invited to one of our business associate's son, Ma Si Chao's Engagement Party.

Well, this is not really my type of event. But I know I can't say no to this. And my father's been bugging me to attend.

Ma Si Cao's father, Mr. Ma Yi is my father's closest friend. Although both of them are close to each other, it doesn't mean that both of their sons must be friends too. But there are a lot of events that we encountered one another.

Mr. Ma's only son, Kido, is not on my friends list. I don't really like that guy, he is a bit boastful and quite overbearing. He is also quite popular in his hometown. Because when he was only 15 he formed a local band in which he was the lead vocalist. But sad to say he wasn't able to continue his passion. His father forced him to quit for their family business.

Well, as what I said earlier, being an heir is not really easy. You have to give up your own dreams for the sake of your family's business. That's the sad truth about our situation.

And here I am about to meet this arrogant guy again. My father said we need to show our full support in this engagement party, because as complicated as it can be, this is an arrange marriage between the two families.

But, I know the real reason why Mr. Ma wanted our family to be there. In case everything won't go as the way they are supposed to be, my father his friend will help them.

The Wang, which is my family, as one of the most powerful family here in Beijing will be their number 1 ally, incase the other side won't comply to their arrangement.

I cringed as I imagine about the idea of a fix marriage.

"I wonder what the bride thinks about this. Will she like this?" I asked myself.

"Humph! The hell I care about them. It's their life anyway why bother about what they think." I murmur

I left my penthouse apartment as soon as I was done changing my suit. I am now running very late so I decided to take my motorcycle instead of my car, scared that I will get stuck in traffic.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Shen Yue's POV

"What wife?!? What do you mean? Mom?! Dad?! What is this guy talking about?" my eyes widened.

My parents sulked due to my sudden outburst.

I waited for their answers but no one seems to talk. I turned to meet Jia's eyes, she seems very anxious this time.

"Jia, what do you know about this?!?"

"Yue, I'm so so sorry. I thought they won't push through with this Engagement Party, but I was wrong all along", she explained and she is about to cry.

"What Engagement Party?!?!" I said shouting.

I looked around the Grand Ballroom and saw a tarpaulin near the guest's entrance door.