The Day You Said Goodbye

CHAPTER 19

Dylan's POV

It's been almost two years and three months since the day she was gone yet the feelings I have for her is still here.

Two years and three months of not seeing her. Two years and three months of not being able to hold her, to feel her warmth, to feel the joy that she gave me. Two years and three months of not being able to see her sweetest smile and most importantly to feel the love that she had for me.

It's been almost two years and three months since that day that I fucked up. That day that wrecked not just my whole life but also hers. I can never forgive myself to what had happened that day.

"Wang He di!"

"Hey bro! Wang Hedi!" Caesar shouted.

"What now?" I hissed.

"Wang Hedi, I've been talking to you for like twenty minutes now. Are you even listening to me? And that phone of yours has been ringing for like ten times already. Aren't you picking it up? Your fiancé must be worried sick about you." Caesar snapped me out from my reverie.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"I said you're so drunk and it's almost six in the morning. Let's go home now they're already kicking us out for they will be closing the place now."

"I'm not drunk and I am not done enjoying my drink, you can leave if you want. I'm not going anywhere."

"Bro, everyone's so worried about you, even your parents won't stop calling me if I won't bring you home now. You're so messed up!"

"Humpphh! My parents?!?! It's all their fault why I'm such a mess right now. It's all because of them why she's gone." I said while clinching my fist.

"It's no ones fault okay? And come on its been  two years already, you've been like this for so long. Aren't you tired of torturing yourself?"

"Two years?!? It's two years and three months asshole! It's that fucking days, months and years since I haven't even had a glimpse of her. And just by thinking that I wouldn't be able to hold or even see her again drives me insane!" I shouted at him.

"And yet you still continue hurting yourself even if you know already that she will never comeback. Just let her go okay? Stop punishing yourself and move on."

I know everyone's tired of seeing how messed up I am since that day. And even I, myself, don't know how to get back to my life again after losing her.

Losing her feels like losing myself also. It feels like I was so drown with this loneliness and emptiness inside of me. I keep on trying, to work past all those memories of her but it feels like I was being dropped into a wide open, huge dark abyss and can no longer get back to my life.

"And may I just remind you, it's been almost two years and three months also since you've been engaged to Song Zuer. Two more weeks to go and you will be married to her. You have been prolonging your engagement, it seems like you are still waiting for someone to comeback. But we all know she will never comeback. Just stop all this madness, will you?"

"Bro, I'm trying so hard to make it stop. But this is harder than I thought", I sniffed as my tears kept on falling on my cheeks. I get hold of the bottle of whiskey and chug the remaining alcohol hoping it would help to ease the pain that I have been feeling but it didn't.

I stood up from my chair planning to go somewhere else. But Caesar caught my arms.

"Hey, where are you going now?" He said.