It's Always Been You

CHAPTER 23

Shen Yue's POV

2 years had passed.

That was 2 long years of denying everything that I felt for him.

Wait, no. I wasn't really denying anything instead I was waiting. I kept on waiting and waiting for him to find me. I kept on waiting to find his way to me. 2 long years of longing for him, hoping that someday he'll realized what he lost and that he will eventually find me and take me back.

But.

No.

It didn't happened at all. He didn't even tried to find me. He just went on with his life, living as if nothing happened. He even afford to go back to his lovely ex-girlfriend.

I was just there. Waiting for him to find me until I had enough. I did not also tried to contact him for I was waiting for him to make the first move and also I was trying to prove to my parents that he will come and find me. But I was tired of everything.

I did not listen to my parents when they told me Dylan left me at the hospital when I had the accident. I know Dylan would never do that to me. But it all confirmed when I got the news just days after I gain consciousness from my coma.

Dylan and Zuer finally got engaged.

I was shattered into pieces. I thought I could never felt more pain that I had from the accident and that break up that we had but no.

It drives me insane knowing he had the audacity to have an engagement despite my situation. That moment I thought I was done with him.

I kept myself busy with our business. I left home as early as I can to go to our company and stayed late. I poured all my energy to run our business to not be able to feel the pain. To numb all the sensation that I have.

I tried everything that I can just to forget him. I even venture into something I did not expect that I can just to keep me busy. I overworked just to forget him.

But.

After everything that I have been through for the past years, all those efforts to move on, to forget him and to unlove him just disappears within seconds of just seeing him.

Hearing those words that I have been dying to hear was just too much. I thought I was over him. I thought I have finally moved on but I guess I wasn't really done with him.

That was not how I envisioned our first encounter after years passed by. I was not entirely sure of what could have happened but it was not that. I thought he would just act as if nothing has happened to us in the past but nonetheless he did said those things that I have been wanting to hear. And I know that it moved me hearing that he missed me all along.

"Hey beautiful! Mind if I join you?" A stranger interrupted me with my thoughts.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked with a smug grin on his face. I raised my eyebrow at him and looked at him from head to toe. Well, he looks decent enough and handsome as well so why not let him accompany me in this lonely night.

"Are you done checking me out?" He said and my eyes widened and he giggled.

This man is cute.

"What?" I said again. I think I've had enough tequila for tonight that I can't seem to process everything immediately.

"May I?" He asked again and pointed the chair next to me.

"Ohhh. . . Of course you can." I smiled shyly.