Pure Luck

As we drove the car back to his house, I thought about how lucky I was to be in this situation. 'Yeah, there might be a psychopath out to get me, but Elon loves me. Me. Out of almost 8 billion people on the planet.' I blushed thinking about him. I think Elon noticed, because he put his hand on my lap.

"I love you, (My name)."

"I love you too, Elon."

I kissed him on the cheek, and not soon after that, we arrived at his mansion. I carried my dog's kennel into the house. I was worried about him getting scared of Elon and his home. It takes him a while to get used to major changes, he still gets scared when I take him anywhere outside the apartment complex. I opened it up and wrapped him in his blanket. He wasn't sleeping, but I was right about him being scared.

"He's such a pampered pooch." Elon said.

"He deserves it though, he's my little child."

I kissed my dog on the forehead and held him close. I wanted to make him feel better, and maybe even trust Elon. I walked over to Elon and asked him to pet  the puppy. My dog pulled back and glared at him. He sniffed Elon's hand and growled slightly.

"Here," I pulled out a treat from my bag. "Give him one."

Elon tried to give him a treat, but my dog turned his nose at it.

"Stubborn baby." I murmured.

I took my dog to the guest bedroom with his kennel so he could have a place to hide. I felt Elon's hand slide to my waist behind me. I turned to face him and he kissed me.