Escape

"How do you know about that? How do you know about any of this?" I asked shakily.

"I know everything about you. I know everything about everyone."

His soulless green eyes peered into mine. I was scared for my life. He got up and walked over to me.

"I hired you for a reason. The one person I don't know the ins and outs of is Elon Musk. I need the information."

"I don't have any."

He stopped. His eyes started to turn even more reptilian, and his pupils glowed red like a robot. I backed away from him toward the door. His skin turned green and scaly, and some of it even peeled back to reveal his true self. He was a reptilian cyborg.

I opened the door and ran out. I ran as fast as I could, but his house was so big. I forgot the series of hallways we went through to get to his office. His entire house looked the same everywhere. I was completely lost. I could hear Mark running towards where I was. I ran into a room and slammed the door. I did my best to make a barricade.

Unfortunately, I went into a room that had no windows except one tiny one at the very top of the wall. I had also left my phone in my purse, which I had dropped during my escape. I took a chair from the barricade. I could hear Mark running into the door, trying to break in. I smashed the window with my elbow, which made it all bloody. I screamed for help. I tried to move all the broken glass so I could crawl out of it. But the barricade fell apart.

I was doomed.