Chapter 44 - Meeting Grillby

Debra and Greg had decided that Lust and his Mother would be spending the night at their house, in a guest bedroom that the servants had prepared while they talked over their lives. Grillby and Lust hadn't really talked at all, since Lust was looking around awkwardly and didn't really know how to react to all of this.

"Mommy, why do I have to pretend to be a girl?" Lust asked.

His Mother unfolded the clothes a servant had given her, a night gown in Lust's size and one her size. She then kneeled down in front of him, tugging the top of his shirt off and setting it onto the dresser in the corner.

"Lust, honey, you know how hard it's been for Mommy and Daddy," She said, motioning for him to stick up his arms, "With gold problems, and how hungry you were today. But you'll never be hungry any more with Debra and Greg helping us."

"I won't be hungry anymore?" Lust asked, helping his Mother pull down the gown, "Woah, this is comfy."

"Debra and Greg are nice people who are offering to let us stay here, and it won't be considered suspicious to outsiders when they hear about it," The tall women said, picking up Lust and setting him upon the luscious bed, "You'll have a guarenteed future for you now. You can marry Grillby when you're a little bit older, help run the banks, and be safe from the streets. Don't you want to live like this for the rest of your life?"

"Yeah, but I don't really understand why I need to be a girl in order to marry Grillby," Lust said, looking up at her innocently, "You said that same gender love is just as fine as boy and girl."

"Some people don't think the same, because they've been told it's been wrong," She said, "That doesn't make them stupid or evil, it just makes them informed."

"Then why don't we tell them, like you do me when I mess up?"

"Because some people don't listen to what they don't want to hear."

"Why?"

She paused her folding of her old clothes, a sad look covering her face before she spoke.

"The word is a cruel place, Lust. Words can manipulate people into believing and doing things that they normally would never do. Some people have been told that same gender love is disgusting and wrong, while others have been taught that every single monster and human has a personality and soul that shouldn't be downcasted upon. I hope that maybe you can fall in love with Grillby, and the same for him to you, so that way this marriage isn't holding you back from love."

"Like you and Daddy being married?"

"Yes, like that sweetie. I hope you can find the love that was intended for you."

She moved to tuck him in before a knock echoed in the room, the source of it coming from the door. Lust's Mom made her way to it before she opened it, showing Grillby holding Debra's hand.

"I know that you were in a rush to get Lust some food and nicer clothes, but I think the children can bond and play some games while we discuss things."

"I think that'd be a great idea," His Mother breathed out, looking over at Lust, "Come here Sweetie, and say hi to Grillby."

Lust hopped down from the bed and scammered over, hiding mostly behind his Mother as Grillby smiled at him. Since Lust couldn't afford to go to school, he didn't get to interact with other kids his age, so he was rather shy.

"Hi again!" Grillby said.

"... Hi..." Lust mumbled, looking over at his Mother pleadingly for help.