Chaz and Mackenzie: Doubt

(And the second one-shot of the day~! Very short, especially compared to the Limelights I've been writing lately. But it's enough :) )

____________________________________

Despite the fact that the block party was still going on around her, Mitzi found Mackenzie sitting alone out of the way of anybody else with a large slice of cake on a place. Or, it had been a large slice of cake. Now it was closer to an average slice but she had obviously already eaten at least half.

"Kenzie...?" Mitzi cocked her head, "What's wrong?"

Pouting, Mackenzie slowly lifted her head to look at Mitzi, "Chaz was dancing with a cheerleader during BAMM!"

Mitzi was instantly way less concerned.

"Kenzie. You danced with a cheerleader. I danced with a cheerleader! We all danced with cheerleaders!" she placed an arm on her friend's shoulder, "It's not worth getting so worked up over."

"We didn't all dance with assistant captains, though."

"Rizzo did."

"Doesn't count – she's aromantic."

"Zephyr, then."

"Are you kidding me? He's so glued to Alonzo it's not even funny."

"Then why is it so hard to believe Chaz isn't the same with you?"

"Because! He's so..." she gestured vaguely, "... Chaz!"

"You make a very compelling argument," Mitzi said sarcastically, her chin in her hand. Mackenzie shovelled another forkful of cake into her mouth.

"What do I do, Mitz?" she mumbled.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, for one thing."

Mackenzie feigned offence, deliberately letting a chunk of cake drop out of her mouth as she gaped at Mitzi, who was trying not to laugh, "I am distraught! I don't have time to worry about where my food's going."

Mitzi managed to keep a straight face and folded her arms, "That is the first, and probably the last, time I've ever heard you say that," she said plainly and Mackenzie continued to look right at her as she ate. Mitzi sighed, "Ken, stop being so paranoid. I'm pretty sure Chaz likes you. OK? So, go and talk to him or if you really can't, then just relax and he'll come to you sooner or later!"

"How do you know?"

"I just know."

Mitzi always seemed to know.

– LIMELIGHT –

"She was dancing with a cheerleader..."

"So? It doesn't have to mean anything."

"But what if it does, Tez?"

"Did it mean anything for you to dance with a cheerleader?"

"No?"

"Well then!"