Zephyr and Alonzo: Dating

(Another short one, but still longer than yesterday's~ And this story will continue in the next Zephzo Limelight

The next one coming... I was so ready to write Zacky (Zach/Bucky) into Limelight after fist-it-out's been writing them but then I got an idea... for another Zach ship... Get all your Zacky goodness from Fizz (she's got a new chapter tomorrow, don't forget!) then come here to see who he's gonna be with on my timeline ;p)

____________________________________

Alonzo had been thinking (which didn't happen all that often) about his relationship with Zephyr.

Something felt somehow... wrong. Not in the relationship itself. That was fine. It was great. It was perfect. Al had never realised just how much he'd wanted this. To be dating Zeph-

Wait.

That's it...!

Band practice was starting soon but Zeph had already been at Al's for the past hour or so just to spend some time together. Right now, Zephyr was sitting on the couch in the living room, picking at random strings on his guitar when Al had his epiphany. He came to sit on the arm of the chair next to Zephyr.

"Hey, Zeph?"

He didn't look up as he fixed the tuning, "Mm-hmm?"

"I just realised. We're not actually dating."

Zephyr froze for a second then his head snapped up, "What?" he frowned.

Al folded his arms and shrugged, "We can't really say we're dating if we've never been on a date. I mean, we've been together almost two months, but no dates!"

Zephyr put the guitar aside and leaned back, looking up at him.

"We've been on dates! What about those zombie mashes?"

"We were playing at the mashes," Al reminded him, "We'd be there anyway. Plus, there was never any asking or anything."

There was a pause.

"You don't think the Christmas party was a date?" Zephyr asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That was just another gig that ended in us making out," Al smiled and slid down to sit beside him, "Not the same thing."

"We danced together, too. That seemed pretty date-like to me."

"It doesn't count!"

Zephyr blanked. He knew exactly where this was going.

"Just say it, Al," he said but Alonzo just looked away.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

Zeph rolled his eyes and moved closer along the couch towards him then threw an arm over the back, giving him a teasing smile, "Do you want to go out on a real date with me?"

Al's face finally broke into a grin and he leaned back into Zeph's arm, "Well, if you're asking..."