Roz and Zephyr: Wingman - Zephyr's Turn

Part 2 of the BFZ 'Wingman' one-shots, I guess~ Zephyr is a little better at being a wingman than Zach is...

Roz and Zephyr

Wingman – Zephyr's Turn

"Talk to her."

"What?" Roz snapped out of her daze at the sound of Zephyr's voice, "When did you get here?"

"Not important. But you have been staring at Keira for at least five minutes straight and that may be the longest I've ever seen you focusing on something without falling asleep."

Roz narrowed her eyes, "How dare you use the word 'straight' in reference to me?"

"Dude. Don't avoid the subject. Go and talk to Keira."

The block party had just begun and for the first time, humans were invited into Zombie Town as guests. Roz had already met up with a few human friends she had made before the whole homecoming incident, and Bonzo had introduced her to Bree. The girl seemed like fun and when people started switching jackets, Roz had ended up with hers. But another cheerleader had caught her eye. (Well, technically, Keira hadn't actually made the squad in the first place, but she had competed with them anyway.)

"... Staring at her is not the same as talking to her, Roz."

She jumped and smacked his chest with the back of her hand, "Would you quit doing that?"

"Would you quit zoning out?"

"Obviously not!"

"Hey," Zephyr punched her arm lightly and smirked, "It's easy. I was talking to her earlier, actually."

Roz froze, "What?"

"Yup." Zephyr was finally getting his revenge for all the times Roz had teased him for his crush and he was loving every second of it.

"Just come out and say it."

Zephyr faked a serious expression, "I'm bi."

"Not funny."

"Oh, but it's funny every time you do it?"

"Yes. What were you talking to her about?"

"Oh, y'know," Zephyr leaned back against the wall and casually raised a hand to inspect his fingernails, "I was just gathering some intel."

"Intel?" He was getting her hopes up. And irritating her by drawing it out for as long as he could.

He nodded and pointed, discreetly, over at Keira mingling with some other zombies on the street, "She was hanging out with Mackenzie and Mitzi so I slid into the conversation, dropped a few hints and obviously, Kenzie picked them up..."

"And it all came out?" Roz quirked an eyebrow and smirked, both amused and hopeful.

"Nice word choice," Zephyr blanked, "But, yeah. You've got a chance."

"See, why can't Alonzo and Zach be a little more like you?"

"We can't all be this amazing," they both laughed then Zephyr nudged Roz and nodded towards Keira, "Why not ask her to dance? We're all supposed to dance with humans for BAMM."

Roz followed his gaze. She took a breath and nodded, "Yeah. Yeah, I should, right?"

"Right."

"Wait, what about you?"

"What about me?"

"You can't dance with Alonzo," she smiled at the way he rolled his eyes and looked away, "So, who are you gonna ask?"