Chapter 21

Song - I won't let you go by Got7

“ Chapter 21 - Illegal ”

*Tzuyu's Pov*

Mingyu, stop! I yelled at the boy, squinting my eyes at the bright sunlight, the sun gave off.

Mingyu, fucking stop! I grabbed his arm and turned him around, furiously. My nails digging in his skin, making a fresh scar appear on it.

Why? You could have just told me, you were her son. But that's really not what I am offended about right now. I tell him but his eyes stays behind me, as if staring at someone, standing behind me.

What did you do, Mingyu? How did you get that much money? You didn't do something bad...right? I shivered at the thought but his eyes never left the sight of whatever was behind me.

Fuck, look at me, Mingyu. I cupped his cheeks and turned his head towards me, for a moment his eyes met mine before again leaving me and looking behind me.

What are you looking at? I looked behind me to find nothing before again looking at him only to see him still looking at the empty place behind me.

What are you looking at? I question him again, shaking him a little and felt his body shiver out of the blue before stuttering,

N-nothing. I narrowed my eyes at him but didn't questioned any further.

What did you do, Mingyu? It's not bad, is it? It's not illegal, right? He didn't answered but just kept his eyes trained on me.

And that gave me my answer.

M-Mingyu....w-what---- He cuts me by cupping my cheeks and wiping away the tears that trailed off my cheeks, without my permission.

It's nothing bad, Tzu. It's nothing bad. I wouldn't do things like you are thinking about. He assured me.

It's just...illegal. I shake my head from side to side, tears leaving my eyes.

Every bad thing is illegal, Mingyu... I tell him, covering his hands that were cupping my cheeks.

I would never do bad things like drugs, killing someone or selling something that isn't good for health. I am not that kind of person, Tzu. And I know, he isn't that kind of person.

If you want, you can come with me today. I'll show you what it is. I nod furiously, no matter how much scared I was, I wanted to know what it is.

But, promise me, after knowing it, you wouldn't tell me to stop doing it. Promise me. I freeze. How can I not tell him to stop if it is something bad? How can he expect me to?

Tzuyu, promise me.

I promise. I whisper, looking away from his eyes because the moment, his eyes will meet mine, he will find out, I made this promise, only to break it. 

•••

Tzu, you look so out of it today. Lisa tells me after observing me.

Because I am. I reply my eyes not leaving Mingyu, who sat in front of me today because I took his seat which was behind me.

His eyes were closed as he rested his head in his arms which were placed on the table. The lights coming from the window, defining his features perfectly as he listens to the music through headphones.

I mean, why you gotta use headphones in school? Just use earphones, much better.

I hear Lisa sigh before going back to doing her own work as I continue to observe the boy for a long time.

Suddenly, as if he heard something being said to him, he opened his eyes and his eyes stayed trained on the empty place beside the window.

And once again, I felt like he is again staring at someone but again he was just staring at an empty space.

He lifts his head up from his previous position before pressing his hand tightly on his ears which were covered with headphones. His face down, eyes tightly shut, hands pressing the headphones more and more closer to his ears so that the sound of the song could be increased more. The force he applied, almost turned his knuckles white, scaring me to death.

Did he had a bad dream?

For a moment, I felt as if he is suffocating.

L-Lisa, has Mingyu always been like that? I ask her quietly and she glances at Mingyu.

Yeah. He does that often. Guess, he loves music way too much. She tells me as I try to remember if I ever had seen this kind of behaviour of him.

The memories hits like bricks being thrown one by one. I remember him getting scolded so many times for staring off space during classes. I remember him solving a sum on the board then suddenly looking somewhere before the teacher's voice broke in his thoughts.

I remember him suddenly spacing out of conversations by staring somewhere else.

Even when he is with Eunha. I remember, Eunha talking to him about something but he kept on looking behind of her, making me laugh back in the days.

But now that I think about it, something seems unsual. Like something keeps on bothering him, suffocating him to death.

All my life, I have only seen the over-confident, way too cheery and happy with everything, too rude yet kind boy.

But within months, I got to see his sad, scared, and overly miserable life. I wonder where that over-confident boy is now.

It's seems unreal, that in school and in front of everyone else, he appears so bright, happy, rude but when alone, he appears so lost. 

My hand moved on it's own and touched his shoulders, scaring him as he shivered and opened his eyes only to find me.

Hey, it's just me. He takes off his headphones, his breathing increasing as he shoves his headphones in his bag before turning to look at me.

Thanks.

For what?

Everything.

And in that moment, I realized, there's something more to this boy.

——————————————————

Hey guys!
Waited too long?
Well, I will update
again tomorrow,
Yayy!
Love ya❤❤