Chapter 34

Song - Eyes off you

“ Chapter 34 - Focus On You ”

*Tzuyu's Pov*

It's absolutely crazy how time passes. Wasn't it yesterday when this year started? When I kicked Mingyu and he fell on top of me, both of us wanting to kiss each other, wasn't it yesterday?

A sigh leaves my chapped lips as I leave the classroom, our half yearly exams done and now only the finals remaining along with some tests.

Glancing around the noisy corridors, I found the kids talking with their friends, scattered here and there, some smiling, some grimacing and some laughing.

In around four months, everything will be over. The hell I prayed to escape every morning and night, will actually end.

School will be over.

No more gossiping corridors, no more having to fake smile and joke around, no more rumours.

But somewhere, I didn't want to leave all these known faces behind.

I don't want to leave my so-called friends.

Weird. Few months ago, I was practically dying to escape this hell.

You ready? Hearing the soothing voice of Mingyu, I glanced beside me to find him before nodding my head, ready to creep the hell out of Lisa.

Over the weeks, Mingyu have been receiving therapy from Seungcheol oppa who turned out to be the special hyung, who brought Mingyu to the track.

At first, I was a bit skeptical about how things will go but later on when I met Seungcheol oppa outside the hospital at a cafe, alone without Mingyu.

He told me about how he met Mingyu and all their events together. He told me how he had to leave racing because of his father's mental illness which caused his father to end his own life.

And as much as racing helped him, the desire to become a person who heals people mentally overtook the his desire of racing and that's why, he left the track and went to study abroad for a while before coming back after finally achieving his dream.

When I first heard this, his life inspired me so much. I always loved fashion designing but after bad luck ran over me, I just forgot about it.

And hearing him telling me how he overcame his life obstacles just gave me a new hope of actually standing on my own.

Just like how Mingyu wants me to be.

Independent.

Feeling my phone vibrating, I looked at the screen lighting up before checking the message, I just received from Jungkook.

Glancing at Mingyu I nodded at him before he gave me a nod and quickly scrammed away as my feets started moving, trying to find Lisa as soon as I possibly can.

Spotting the blonde girl, talking to some random yet really familiar people, I ran over to her, panting as I did so, my face scrunching up with worry.

Lisa! Keeping my hand on her shoulder, I panted as she stared at me, confused, before the other girls excused themselves and left.

What's the ma---

Jungkook got in an accident. I watched as her body froze, her eyes opening wide, lips parting as fear consumed her.

H-He was here just moments ag---

MINGYU JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM THE HOSPITAL! With worry lacing every word I spoke, I grabbed her hands before pulling her towards the exit of the building.