Chapter 22

Song - Fear by Neffex

“ Chapter 22 - Fear ”

*Tzuyu's Pov*

The foul scent hitting my nostrils as we continue to walk, taking turns which only leads to another dark alley. The moonlight failing to show the way in front as it fell on the rusty walls, the old houses had.

Fear creeped its way inside me, clutching the coat tightly around myself, I glance at the boy beside me, who looked like he was used to this area. My gut feeling screaming at me to leave this alley which I have never encountered in my whole life.

My thoughts wandered around how he can see the road because I can't. It's too dark, does it not bother him? Or maybe, he's just way too used to the darkness.

The sound of water droplets that hung low on the edges of the old houses, fell down on the quiet road, making a noise, scaring me.

Not wasting a moment, I let out a small squeal, closing my eyes tightly as I clinged onto the boy beside me, hands wrapping itself around his arm tightly.

For a moment, I thought he won't stop walking and will just continue to walk with me clinging on him but he stopped walking and observed me who was clinging onto him like my life depended on it.

Because somehow, it did.

I'm here. He assures, his hand coming in contact with my back, tingles dancing around as he pats my back gently.

Stop shaking. Noticing I was trembling uncontrollably, I opened my eyes and slowly let go of his arm.

Sorry... I murmur with my lips going against my orders and continuing to quiver, leaving his side, instantly craving his skin, the distance scaring me yet I maintain it without complaining.

For what? You did nothing. I hear him say but I found the floor more interesting which I couldn't even see because of the darkness surrounding us, still I kept looking down.

Sound of footsteps taken towards me causes me to quickly stumble back as an instinct since I was scared. It was just an instinct. It wasn't something I wanted, my body just reacted that way hearing footsteps.

I-I shouldn't have brought you here. I look up at him sighing before guilt seeps in my system.

You brought me here because I told you to. And come on, you see, I am not weak. When I say I am not, I mean it, Mingyu. I hold his hand, intertwining our fingers, the warmth doing it's work perfectly.

I have endured darkness for a long time now, it's just the noises too new that it kinda scares me. I joke around, smiling but he doesn't smile and observes me.

Bad joke. I get used to things easily. Don't worry. I smile at him and felt him tightening his grip around my hand as he smiles at me before leading the way.

Liar.

I never get used to things easily. It's another bad habit of mine. If something becomes my habit, something I do on a daily basis, something I see everyday, then when I don't do it, don't see it anymore, it starts bothering me, I start to wonder about that one thing, more and more often that it starts to provoke my daily life.

That's what happened when my parents decided to leave me and go in some other place that is called heaven. I spent days wondering, if I too should just go there.

I don't know about others, but when something suddenly disappears from my life, it traumatizes me. Just like the sudden death of my mom and dad, the sudden leaving of my boyfriend who was always a better friend of mine than a boyfriend.

This habit of mine leads to me getting engrossed more and more in darkness, the chains binding me in a dark room where the memories tortures me.

The first year after their death was spent like that. I tied myself in a room filled with darkness and memories. But then I started to understand my situation, I overcame my the memories, I left that room.

Even though I left the room, I couldn't leave the house whose gate I never tried to open. I am still trapped in that. I never considered myself weak, but I always feared of tomorrow.

I always feared of something that I didn't know will happen. That made me weak and fragile.

Engrossing myself in activities I loved, helped a lot. But not enough to let me leave the house in which I was trapped in.

How do you know this place so well? I ask him, curious.

It was after my sister's death. I was a crying mess, didn't know where I was going and got lost here. He laughs, replaying the old memory in his head

I met a boy older than me. He took me to the place where I am taking you today. And that honestly helped me a lot. It always kept me positive. He says, his walking speed slowing down, indicating we have almost reached our destination.

It's not something bad, Tzu, if it helps you to stay alive, keeps you positive. Makes you feel alive. It's not something bad, Tzuyu. For a moment, he had me. He had me thinking, it's not bad. But then, every illegal thing is bad.

But it keeps him alive.

Sometimes, I feel like a coward. Weird, right? I speak not to myself but to Mingyu who stops in front of a place where a lot of people stood in groups.

Some smoking, some talking, while some people's eyes gazing my body up and down, making me uncomfortable. I search around for girls whom I found dressed up in barely any clothes, making me question their body as to how they aren't feeling cold. Oh, the way I envied them right now.

Who says you are a coward? I don't.

But I do. I am scared Mingyu. I don't want to go any further. It's scary. I turn my back to the people who's eyes met mine while they were checking me out, scaring me when I looked in their fearless eyes.

As I turn around and met his eyes with my scared ones, I ignored the electricity that ran between us and continued to speak.

Why am I always scared? Why do I always fear everything, Mingyu? I question him, as he cups my cheeks, trying to calm me down but the eyes that were boring a hole in my back, distracted me.

They can't do anything to you till I am here. His eyes goes behind me for a moment as if trying to scare the people away, successfully making me assured that nothing will happen to me.

Only till he is here.

He looks back at me, the intensity of love increasing as seconds pass by while he stared at me with so much love, I never saw in anyone's eyes for me, melting my heart instantly. The fear that was staining my heart took it's last breath before straining away.

Whenever you fear something in life, then simply stand in front of it. fear itself is very timid, if you look into its eyes, it'll run away. The words he spoke, held me in place.

Look at him, just look at him, the only thing he is covered in is darkness yet he manages to pour the light out. He manages to stay positive.

This is when I know, why negative plus negative has always been positive.

Darkness cannot erase darkness, only light can erase it. And the light is trapped inside him which the darkness was never and will never be able to erase.

——————————————————

Hey guys!
So, did you guys liked this chapter?
I tried to write this chapter differently, in more detail, I tried my best to give in the right emotions.
Was it okay?
Love ya❤❤