Chapter 23

Song - Little prince

“ Chapter 23 - Hallucination

*Tzuyu's Pov*

Hey, Hoshi! Mingyu yells to someone at some distance, I recognize the guy who used to be a senior at our school.

Tzuyu, stay with him till I come and meet you. Don't go anywhere. It's not safe. Don't be scared. I am right here, okay? He tells me as we make our way towards the guy, Hoshi.

Don't leave his side. He tells me before we reach Hoshi, who smirks at Mingyu but Mingyu just glares at him.

Stay with her at all costs till I come and get her and stop her if she does something. Mingyu orders to the guys who nods, knowingly. What will I do? Stop her? What does he mean by that?

I'll be right back. He whispers to me, leaning in, his lips lands on my forehead before the warmth of his hand leaves my hand and he walks away.

You are Tzu, right? The guy, Hoshi, asks me and I nod.

Are you the boy who brought Mingyu here? I ask him, not wasting my time, going in circles.

Straightforward huh? Nope. But I am sure the boy, your boyfriend or soon to be boyfriend brought here. And I am sincerely thankful to him. He gives the smile any girl would fall for except me though.

You were a senior. I whisper, more likely to myself.

Yeah, I have seen you at school when I was still a student. As you can see, now I am graduated. You can call me Hoshi sunbae or oppa, I don't care. He informs me, his smile not fading for a second.

What does Mingyu call you? I ask him, curious.

Well, that disrespectful brat usually calls me Hoshi. He replies, rolling his eyes.

Then, I'll call you Hoshi as well. I smile at him who looks a little shocked.

Are you usually this straightforward and fisty or----

Only with strangers. I cut him off.

Okay. He replies before silence settles between us.

All of a sudden, the crowd starts to scream, taking my attention. Hoshi grabs my hand which I instantly shrug off.

It's going to start. And yeah, you can trust me. He grabs my arm this time and leads me towards the crowd.

The smell of cigarette hits my nostrils, causing me to cover my nose tightly so that the smoke doesn't come in as we make our way into the crowd.

After pushing passing people for an hour or so, we reach the front from where Hoshi leads me to the open area where chairs have been set up.

Stop. A person dressed in black looking like a gaurd, blocks us.

I know, I know, I can't sit here. But she can. She is his fiancée. The gaurd nods when Hoshi points at Mingyu before pointing at me and unblocks our way.

His lane is second. The gaurd tells Hoshi who smirks before telling me to sit on the second chair from the starting.

Honestly, something felt wrong. There were only ten chairs when I counted. The big screen which was placed on the top of an old building's wall, lit up, showing ten bikes placed in ten lanes.
My eyes widens before I recall the gaurd's words.

“His lane is second.”

I am sitting right outside the second lane. The white line from which the lanes are painted, ends right in front of me. I quickly get up from my place, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

You can't leave, miss. The gaurd tells me, not the one from before causing me to sit down. I watch as the other nine chairs slowly fills up and my eyes searches for Hoshi.

What has he put me on?

I glare at Hoshi who smirks at me before the crowd starts to scream again. I turn my head towards the big screen, where I saw the racers, sitting on their bikes. The screens shows the racers face one by one and I see Mingyu there.

Today, there's a suprise set up for the racers who will be racing today at the end of the lane. A manly voice says through the speaker, I watch Mingyu get off the bike before someone stops him and makes him sit back again.

My heartbeat picks up it's pace, my eyes widens, my throat drying up as the gun goes off, scaring me and the race starts.

My eyes glances at the people sitting beside me who were equally shocked as me except some who were used to this.

The bikers crossing each others lanes despite the rules, their speed was on other level. My heart was so badly beating, not knowing what will happen a second later.

My hands grips the chair tightly on which I was sitting as I see Mingyu from a distance in front of me. Though there was distance, I knew a second later, he will be right in front of me.

My body froze when his bike picked up speed and his eyes met mine, for a moment his speed slowed down, his eyes showing determination but when he saw the others bikers were about to cross him, he sped up.

His eyes on me as he drove towards me. I wanted to close my eyes and escape from whatever was happening, but somehow, I kept my eyes wide open. I was not even blinking.

The crowd's volume goes up and up as Mingyu crosses the finish line and stops right before the lane ends and where I was sitting.

His eyes bores in mine before they widens in shock, fear was written in mine and anger was written in his.

He was the first one to finish the race.

He won.

He gets off his bike, grabs my hand as I watch the other bikers reaching the finish line and takes me away from the crowd and inside an old building, covering us from the people outside.

Damn! W-Why would you sit there, Tzu?! I told you to stay with Hoshi. He scolds me, scaring me.

He made me sit there. I speak.

Well, then you shouldn't have! I-I was so scared. Do you know?! He yells at me, causing me to stumble back in fear.

His eyes softens all of a sudden and his arms comes around me, tightly. Usually when he does this, I say he is protecting me from the people outside but this time, I felt he was making sure I am here. I am here with him.

I thought, y-you were just another hallucination. When I reached the finishing line, i-i realised you were actually there. His voice breaks and I felt something wet touching my shoulders.

I-I almost killed you. I-I took such a big risk of your l-life. I-I was so close to l-losing you. He cried out, his words at first kind of confused me and still are confusing me but as I already know, there is much more to him that I am yet to find out and about this hallucination thing, this may be the next part of his life that I will be finding out.

I am here. I whisper and his shaking stops.

Not as a hallucination, but as your Tzuyu.

——————————————————

Hey guys!
Happy New Year!
I know, it's been twelve days since new year but still😂😂
Hope you have a great 2019.
Love ya❤❤