Chapter 35

Song - Zombie by Day6 (English Ver.)

Chapter 35 - Recover

*Tzuyu's Pov*

C-Can we just go back? Grabbing my arm, he stops me from walking, his eyes looking unsure.

Mingyu. Pressing at the end of his name, I stared at him before his eyes left me and glanced at the small house in front of us.

Mingyu's mother aka aunt invited us to have dinner when I told her our exams just ended and I couldn't stop myself from rejecting her, the moment I saw her wide smile.

Tell me, it'll be okay. Turning away from the house, I watched him slur his words.

It'll be okay. I smiled at him, my other hand grabbing his hand on my arm before intertwining our fingers as we walked on the porch.

Tzu-- Before Mingyu had the chance to protest again, I pressed the doorbell, the sound ringing inside, faintly dancing around us before the door opened, revealing aunt.

Tzuyu! Enveloping me in a hug, she spoke my name with her voice more cheerful than usual.

And Mingyu. Letting go of me, a faint smile tugged on her lips as she stared at her son with heart eyes, making me look between the two.

Mingyu was stiff, his grip on my hand loosening as his gaze lingered on his mother.

Shall we head inside? Giving her a smile, I followed her inside, my hand tugging on Mingyu, dragging him inside as his legs seemed to be frozen on spot.

I noticed how cozy the place was. Not too big but nor too small, perfect for a family of three.

The moment that thought crossed my head, I could feel my heart weighing down, realizing it was a family of four, years ago.

Oh, you must be Tzuyu! The man grinned at me, his eyes disappearing as he smiled, turning into half moon, instantly making me break out a big smile on my face.

And you must be this guy's father. Pointing at Mingyu, I matched his father's tone who laughed at my words.

Nice to meet you, Tzuyu. That woman won't shut up talking about you. He pointed at aunt who was glaring at him, causing a small laugh to escape my lips.

I can see how wonderful you are by the fact that you have enough power to make Mingyu come here without us begging him. I forced a smile on my face, his words stinging at the fact that he thought Mingyu came here because of me.

I just dragged him here. He could have straight away rejected it, but he didn't because he didn't want to.

I watched how Mingyu's father looked at his son while Mingyu avoided his gaze at all cost.

Show her your room, Mingyu. The look on Mingyu's face showed he was caught completely off gaurd by aunt's words.

It's still the same. Giving her a small nod, Mingyu dragged me away from the two.

•••

Walking around the room, I realized how empty it was.

Did Mingyu take away everything when he left?

Tired of standing, I sat down on his bed while he leaned on his study table, his eyes fixed on a specific spot, jaw clenched and hands turned into fists, the white color painting his knuckles.