Fourteen

Purgatory

Waverly had come out of surgery and she was currently coming round from the drugs they gave her. Nicole was say beside her, holding her hand tightly.

"I love you so much Waves." Nicole whispered soothingly. "My literal angel." She laughed to herself.

"She's gonna be okay right?" Alice asked Wynonna, concerned for her Aunt.

"Hell yeah. Waverly is tougher than me."

"Don't you worry too much about your Aunt Waverly. Once she's come round from the drugs, her angel instincts should kick in and she should be able to speed up her healing." Doc said as he wrapped his arm around Alice's shoulders. "Atleast that's what she kept telling us for two weeks. My Dad taught me that I can heal myself."

"Some good that did huh?" Wynonna laughed shaking her head. "If she could heal herself she wouldn't have needed surgery to remove the fucking bullet."

Suddenly the doors burst open and Jeremy ran in, papers in his hands.

"There might be a reason why Waverly couldn't heal herself."

Everyone looked at eachother in confusion, waiting for Jeremy to continue.

"I ran some tests and...This is the result."

He handed Nicole the papers and as she read, tears filled her eyes and she covered her mouth with her hand.

"How? When?"

"She wanted to surprise you...She knew you wanted it and so did she...So...Last month we talked and I helped her. Not like that obviously...But it worked. The reason she couldn't heal herself is because she was using all of her energy to protect something else."

Nicole turned the paper around as she began to cry harder. "She's pregnant."

A huge smile spread across Wynonna face. She walked over to Nicole and hugged her before she turned around and placed a kiss on Waverly's forhead. "Congrats!"

"Congratulations." Alice smiled looking at her Aunt Nicole.

"You're gonna have a cousin!" Nicole grinned.

The door burst open again but this time Bobo and Margot appeared.

"What do you want?!" Wynonna growled.

"An unwelcome guest is here."

"Are you serious? Mom?" Alice sighed.

"Too much is happening too fast." Regina said. "You need to come home now."

"No! I like it here and it's not even been a week yet!"

"I don't care. You can't take the responsibility of being the demon hunter. Not yet."

"You've been spying on me..."

"Just to make sure you're okay!"

"Of course I'm okay!! I'm with my real family! I'm home! Go away!"

Regina felt her heartbreak. She didn't know what to say, so instead she did what Alice wanted. She left.

She walked through the portal that Gold had kept open and when she returned back to Storybrooke she was face to face with Emma.

"You just made everything worse." Emma said, anger laced in her voice as she shook her head.

"I'm sorry." Regina said as tears began to form in her eyes.

"Sorry won't fix this. She might never want to come home again and it's all your fault! She's not even your child!"

"She's not yours either!" Regina snapped. Her eyes went wide and she shook her head. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it."

Emma turned around ignoring Regina, with the help of Killian she weakly walked back home. Killian gave her a look of pity and shook his head. "Too far." He mouthed.

Don't you think I know that?! Regina thought to herself as she slowly sat down on the floor as the portal behind her closed.

Gold put his hand on her shoulder and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"Why do I always do this?" She cried. "I'm such a fuck up."

Gold wasn't good at comforting people so he just kept his hand on her shoulder, letting her know that he was there for her.