It's Up to the Council(37)

Michonne and Hershel cleared out the bodies and burned them. Rick sent Carol away, she was the one that killed Karen and David. Katie was getting stronger again. Daryl came and checked on her every hour or so. I stayed with her. I didn't want to leave her. She looked almost back to normal and she was talking. Moments later, the prison rattled. Katie sat up.

"I'm gonna go find out what that was, stay here," I commanded, "If you need someone Glenn is in the cell right next to yours."

I ran outside, Daryl found me.

"Is Katie okay?" He asked.

"She's fine, what's happening?"

"I don't know, come on," He commanded. The rest of the group was coming outside. A bunch of cars and a tank were parked right outside the fences.

The Governor stood on top of the tank.

"I don't believe this," Rick snarled.

"Rick! Come down here, we need to talk!" The Governor yelled.

"It's not up to me, we have a council, they run this place!" Rick yelled back.

"Is Hershel on the council? Or Michonne?" The Governor responded. Michonne and Hershel were tied up and brought out of a car.

"I don't make decisions anymore!" Rick repeated.

"Well you're making the decisions today Rick," The Governor replied, "So let's have that talk."

Rick walked towards the Governor.

"If things go south head for the bus," Daryl commanded, "Wait as long as we can."

"What about Glenn? And Katie?" Maggie asked.

"You get Glenn and Katie," Daryl replied, then he looked at me.

His hand held the side of my face for a moment. Daryl slowly wheeled gun carts over to us. Nobody was looking when Daryl gave me the machine gun. I filled my pockets with ammo and looked over to him.He hesitated about something for a second, but he grabbed my face and quickly pressed his lips to mine, butterflies erupted in my stomach. It was short, but it was enough.

"Just in case," He whispered, his face flooded with red.

"We're gonna be okay," I said softly, he nodded. I felt warm inside. That just happened. Mason was standing out here with us. Tanner was pissed about Carol, they were supposed to be together and she was gone, banished. Because she thought she was doing something good for the group. He still grabbed a gun and prepared to fight. The Governor put a sword to Hershel's head. The kids were supposed to be heading towards the busses. Micah was going to get Katie. Lizzie, Piper, and the curly headed boy were taking Judith.

"No," I whispered to myself. Daryl was beside me. Whatever Rick was saying was working because The Governor was taking the sword away from Hershel's neck. I loosed a sharp sigh of relief. The Governor pulled the sword way back and swung, cutting Hershel's neck halfway through. I gasped and nearly dropped the gun. He killed Hershel. The man who kept my daughter alive for sooo long was dead. Hershel fell, Maggie and Beth screamed.

"No!" Rick screamed out. Rick fired the first shot, war was on. I sprayed bullets, I knocked one man to the ground instantly, he was still alive, I shot him in the foot, but he wouldn't stand up. Gunshots rang in my ear. Rick was shot in the leg, but there was nothing I could do. The tank drove through the fence, knocking the horse pen down. The horse managed to escape and took off into the woods.

The fences were torn down as the cars moved in. Everyone took cover, I was behind a wood pallete. I shot down a man. I didn't even feel sorry. I tossed the empty magazine off to the side and reloaded, every bullet counted. I shot a bald man that was sprinting forward. He fell to the ground, his scream echoing off the walls.

"Stupid bastard," I snarled. The tank fired multiple times. Cell block A had a hole blown into it.

"KATIE!" I screamed and without thinking, I sprinted for Cell Block A. My daughter was in there. I met up with Maggie.

"Get the others to the bus, I'll get Katie and Glenn," Maggie told me.

"I'll go with you," I said.

"No, get the others, I'll get them," She said.

"I trust you," I stated, she sprinted for Cell Block A. I found Carl and started shooting beside him. Running through another magazine, I reloaded. Firing more bullets, shooting anyone I could see. Carl went to go find Rick. The bus was leaving and I prayed to whatever god was out there that Katie was on that bus. I couldn't find anyone.

"Daryl?! Katie! Anyone!" I called out. I shot walkers that were after me. Then I saw Rick and Carl hugging.

"Oh my god guys, are you okay?" I asked.

"We have to find Judith," Rick said.

"The car seat," I said pointing. We moved to it quickly, Rick got shot in the leg. The car seat was bloodied, no Judith in sight. All 3 of us sobbed.

"We gotta go, we gotta go," I cried. Carl and I helped hold Rick up. As we got out of here.

"Don't look back, just keep walking," I said as we made it up the hill. The prison was on fire. I didn't know where Katie or Daryl were. I was scared. Terrified. Hopeless. I just lost everything. The Governor destroyed our home... We lost it all, again.

Vote?