Chapter 14

Jenika walked in from the den where she had been catching up on promotional work and video schedules, finding Tim asleep. He'd been reading through his texts and posts trying desperately to find some clue that would tell him where Chance could be. "We have to find him soon, not only for his safety but for Tim's sanity" she thought while she slipped off his glasses.

----
Walking along the ridge and cliffs Tim felt an uneasy feeling. The dream of Chance's mom screaming haunted him as he searched for his best friend. Begging to God to help bring him to him and find he was safe was all he could think of. As Austin and Adam ran along the ridge Tim watched from where he and Rob stopped to rest. Austin suddenly waived his arms when Rob noticed something shiny near him. They both quickly made their way down, Austin had found Chance, laying on the rocks. Chance sat up as they approached, sarcastically asking what took them so long.

As Tim grabbed Chance out of fear and anger, he turned as Austin told him to stop. When he turned back, Chance was no longer there. His surroundings had changed, he was now sitting on the gulf shore with Chance talking about how much he loved the area and why he bought the house. They walked down to the dock and stepped aboard the vessel. Chance wanted too share his love of the sea with his best friend and coaxed him into taking a ride.

As he looked out over the horizon he thought about how relaxed and happy Chance looked. Something he hadn't seen in a very long time. Turning towards him he is now standing in front of the fireplace, looking at all the photos of her, Jasmina.

Suddenly hearing a scream, Tim is now holding his best friend, lifeless.

----
Jenika watched as Tim began to thrash about the sofa, he was sweating, breathing heavily. She had no idea what was happening as he screamed out 'Noooooo'.

"Tim, baby..wake up...wake up for me..you're dreaming" she said, rubbing his shoulder.

Tim shook his head, screaming and now crying.  "Tim" she yelled as she tried to wake him.

Tim opened his eyes, filled with fear, tears streaming down his face. He looked at her, still unaware of his surroundings, trying to catch his breath. "Baby, calm down..you're here..you're home" she said now sitting on the coffee table in front of him.

Tim took a deep breath, staring at Jenika he began to calm some, still trying to understand what was happening.

"Take some deep breaths, I'll get you some water" she told him before heading to the kitchen.

Tim rubbed his face with his hands, drying his eyes on his shirt. "What the hell" he thought trying to understand what was going on. He was still rubbing his eyes when Jenika returned. "Here, drink this" she said handing him a glass of water. "Baby, you were dreaming. Do you want to talk about it" she asked, now sitting next to him.

Tim took several sips of water before he finally could say anything. "I...I have to find him...I have to" he told her as a tear trickled from his swollen eyes.

"We will soon" she assured him, wiping the tear from his cheek.