Chapter 25

Jenika had the guys return to their place, wanting to be sure everyone was together when Tim called with any news. She busyed herself in the kitchen prepping dinner while the guys relaxed.

Austin walked over to Chance's and sat on the front porch. Closing his eyes he went back through his mind desperately trying to recall a reason, anything as to why his friend was missing, again.

Adam was preoccupied with a game on his phone. He also seemed to do his best thinking while consumed with the games, another special gift he held.

Rob was talking with Kelsey, updating her before talking with Lydia. He needed to talk with his little girl, always so bright and full of life. She always lifted his spirits when he was down.

Jenika was lost in her own thoughts, thoughts of days gone by when she and Chance were in college and how they became best friends. Their chance meeting on the street that day flood through her mind, she prayed that was not the reason for his leaving again.

****
Tim walked through his best friends home, feeling his presence everywhere around him. This truly was his home, his sanctuary and totally understood why he would want to be there. But trying to find the root cause plagued him.  He seemed happy to move in with Tim, he had his own place there with everything he'd needed, including his car. So what was missing, what was he hiding.

****
Marcus had recieved call backs from Chance's doctors. Not one had mentioned any return of illness, as a matter of fact none had seen him in well over a year, not even for routine follow-ups.

He told Maggie the results of his calls but couldn't get the nawing feeling in the back of his mind of his sudden changed behavior. Maggie could see the concern in his eyes, " I know what you're thinking" she told him "but I know in my heart he isn't ill again. This is different, it's personal. And I think it involves Mina".

"Why do you feel that way? They've been separated for well over 5 years. He accepted her moving on, he understood that before his release from the hospital" he replied.

"He always returns to the sea when he is fighting with his feelings. All through his life he's set sail to find his answers. It's just this time he hasn't returned. That's what scares me. Where is he, why didn't he tell anyone, is he hurt, is he...." her voice trailed off as her eyes filled with tears.

Marcus pulled her close "we will find him my love, we will find him" he assured her.

****
Heather and Jake sat at the dinner table, Callie watching as her parents ate in silence.

"Momma, why you sad" she asked reaching for her milk.

Heather looked at Jake, the question in her eyes, should she tell the young child the truth about her brother.

Jake smiled at his daughter as he helped her with her glass. "Baby, momma has alot on her mind" he told her.

"Daddy, I'm not a baby, I'm almost 4" she replied wiping the milk from her lip.

Jake gave out a slight chuckle, "that you are honey. But there's nothing for you to worry about" he told her.

"I'm not worried.  I know Uncle Chance will be back from his boat ride. He's ok" she replied taking a bite of food.

Heather looked at her daughter, fighting back the tears. Lord she wished she had the faith of her child but realistically, she was fighting with the fact he was gone, again and feared they would never know why.

****
Captain Myer had instructed his crews to not only check the shoreline but to venture out into international waters.  The intense storm was strong enough it could have washed any vessel, despite the size, further out into the ocean. However, his main concern was that the vessel Chance had been on would be classified as a recovery not a rescue. In all his twenty years he had never found a positive outcome from any situation like this. His mission now was for the families closure.