Chapter 28

YOUR P.O.V.

I couldn’t believe my eyes. The garden of our LA home had candles all over the grass and rose petals scattered all over the grass and patio. Everything was so romantic and beautiful and I loved it, it felt like a dream, it was surreal.

Y/N- *walks and looks around* *smiling* Babe, what is this?

Khalil- *turns you around* *stands in front of you* Y/N… I’ve wanted to say this for a long time…

Y/N- *phone rings* Damn… *goes in pocket*

Khalil- *looks at you* 

Y/N- *takes phone out* *looks at it* *sees Diggy calling*

Khalil- Y/N?

Y/N- Um, yeah? *looks at him* *shrugs* I should take it

Khalil- Babe, don’t answer it… *declines call* *gives phone back to you* Can I finish, please?

Y/N- *puts phone on vibrate* Um, yeah.. *smiles*

Khalil- Baby, I love you and we’ve spent the last four years together and it’s been amazing. It’s been a great journey and it’s something I want forever… *goes in his pocket*

Y/N- *covers face and gasps* Oh my God, this isn’t happening…

Khalil- *pulls out a box* *gets on his knees* *looks up at you* Y/N, will you marry me? *opens the box*

The ring was so beautiful… It shone at me and it was so bright and huge.. a diamond ring. I thought for a few seconds and just said oh my God, over and over which must have got Khalil worried.

But all the while I was thinking “my life is perfect and I’m happy but is this what I really want?” “is Khalil the one?” “Do I wanna marry him?”… I mean really, what did I have to lose?

Y/N- *bites lip* Yes.

Khalil- *stands up and kisses you*

Y/N- *hugs him*

*phone vibrates in your pocket*

Y/N- *looks at it* *sees Diggy calling* *holds Khalil tighter* *sighs deeply*

DIGGY’S P.O.V.

Diggy- *puts phone away* She isn’t answering.. I gotta go.. *stands up*

Spin- Dude, we got days left here and your album ain’t even half-finished…

Diggy- Spin, this is important! *puts his coat on*

Spin- *looks at him* I knew it. You really are still in love with her…

Diggy- You didn’t get that earlier?

Spin- Why did you hide it for so long? I’m telling you, it’s too late now. She won’t leave him for you

Diggy- I’ll try to make her. I gotta try *leaves*

I rushed home and gathered my things at my apartment. I stopped for a minute after grabbing my passport and packing a bag and looked in my bottom drawer.. this was the drawer where I kept all my Y/N stuff.

Pictures of her, tickets from when we’d go to the movies and when we went to France… even the Valentine’s card she got me all those years ago. All I needed was a look at it all to remind me of what I truly wanted and that was enough motivation for me to go to LA and find her…

*driving to the airport*

Diggy- *on the phone* Dad, I have to go back for her..