Chapter 1

Prologue:

You’re a 17-year-old girl at your New York high school. You were born and raised in the city, but you moved outside of it when you were 12 during the process of your parents’s amicable divorce. The divorce went quite smoothly and your parents remained friends and made sure the family was a main priority.

For five years you’d been travelling back and forth from Queens to the Upper East Side to balance living with your writer mom, Michelle, and your CEO dad, Jordan and unfortunately, his fiancée Lauren who you hated more than anything. But aside form that, you led a pretty normal life.

You live with your mom, your sister Aria and your brother Dante in Queens. Your mom had natural curly hair which you and your siblings inherited and your dad’s golden bronze skintone and laid back attitude is what you took from him too.

It was the start of the Junior school year, you’d been offered and were currently doing an 8-week weekend internship at a studio in Upper West Side, NY. You were excited because you were halfway through it and mostly because you could get it out of the way to could look forward to the Festive Holidays and enjoy the new year with your bestfriends and family…

YOUR P.O.V.

Y/N- *puts bag over your shoulder* So what coffees does everyone want when I come back?

Marla- The usual.. four latte’s, espresso and a cappuchino for me..

Y/N- *smiles* Okay.. *leaves*

I left the office in New York City that i was interning at. I went onto the bustling streets of the Upper East side and headed to the nearest Starbucks. It was almost Christmas, it was in just over a month and it was so festive here in New York, I loved it. I couldn’t wait to spend it with my family and get this internship finished!

I went into a cute Pizzeria on 2nd Avenue, a place I forever loved and I was greeted by the restaurant owner who greeted me warmly as I was all too familiar to him and I saw my half-Japanese, half-Caribbean best friend Kumiko and my sister Aria whom I approached at the table they sat at.

Y/N- *sits down*

Aria- I already ordered your favourite..

Y/N- Pepperoni and pineapple and a slushie?

Aria- *nods*

Y/N- *gasps happily* You know me so well!

Aria- *laughs*

Kumi- *shakes head* I don’t know how you can eat pineapple on a pizza tho..

Aria- It’s amazing, you don’t know what you’re missing.

Waiter- *brings over food* There you are… fresh outta the oven..

Kumi- I ain’t missing nothing. *gestures to pizza* That right there is offensive to pizza.

Y/N- *chuckles* *to the waiter* Thank you..

Waiter- *leaves*

*half an hour later*

Aria- *eats pasta* So how’s life going?

Y/N- This internship.. I’m sure they just use me to bring them coffee and group files..

Kumi- *laughs* That’s what they’re meant to do!

Aria- Lest you getting paid a lot.. and it’s only on weekends anyway..

Y/N- I miss my Saturday lie ins tho..

Kumi- You got a lotta those to catch up on. Don’t be so down tho, it’s only 1 o’clock..