Chapter 50

DIGGY’S P.O.V.

*months later*

Diggy- *walks past the bathroom* *stops and walks back*

Y/N- *combs through her hair* *looks at the comb and sighs*

Diggy- *hugs you from behind* Don’t worry about it..

Y/N- Diggy, I’m losing my hair..

Diggy- i know baby.

Y/N- My mane.. all my hair.. *shows him the comb* Look at it all falling out *starts to cry*

Diggy- *hugs you* Baby, it’s all part of the process, it’s just a side effect..

Y/N- What if I go bald?! I won’t be able to cope with that..

Diggy- We’re already coping with everything else and you’re doing fine.. trust me.

Y/N- *sniffles and nods*

Diggy- You got anything to do today?

Y/N- Just lunch with Aria and that’s it

Diggy- *kisses you* It’ll grow back when the treatment ends babe..

Y/N- Ans until then, I’ll lose it all..

Diggy- *takes his snapback off* *puts it on your head* There.. one less thing to worry about. And you look good.

Y/N- *laughs a little*

Diggy- Go and get ready

Y/N- Okay.. *walks out*

Diggy- *watches you go*

It was no joke. This time, she was really scared about it all. Before, she was so strong and now the whole thing has brought down her confidence completely. She’s scared to go out and be scrutinised by the media for her hair loss if they notice it and she hates looking in the mirror. Her hair, like her sister’s, was slightly curly, afro, thick and quite long. It was her prized possession and she was losing it.

The chemotherapy had been going on for around three to four months now.. but because the cancer had spread quickly, we were uncertain how much longer the treatment would take. I spent every waking moment with her telling her she was beautiful, doing things we never thought we would. We travelled to Paris for Fashion week and then went to Japan and Thailand with Shenae last month just because.

YOUR P.O.V.

*later that afternoon*

Aria- *eats sandwich* I still can’t believe it, Chanel? And Givenchy? That’s amazing Y/N..

Y/N- *smiles* Yeah..

Aria- *looks up at you* You still losing the mane?

Y/N- *sighs* It’s killing me

Aria- *holds your hand* Baby, don’t worry about it

Y/N- I can’t help it.

Aria- You know there’s no need to stress. I’m here for you and I’ll do anything that’s stressing you out, you know that right?

Y/N- *nods*

Aria- Okay.., and eat that pasta or I’ll eat it for you

Y/N- Shut up fatty

Aria- *laughs a little*

*the next month*

Stacey- This is the biggest thing in your career so far, I’m so proud of you! *hugs you tight*