Chapter 34

DIGGY’S P.O.V.

Y/N- *holds his hand tight* *looks at him* I know you ain’t gon do that..

Diggy- *turns to you* *laughs to himself* Yeah I know.

Khalil- And the nominees are…

Alexis- Kendrick Lamar…J. Cole…

Khalil- And.. *looks at you two* Diggy… Simmons.

Diggy- *confused look* Why’d he say my name like that?

Y/N- *shrugs a little* *taps his hand* Just focus… the camera’s on you…

Alexis- And the winner is… *opens envelope* Diggy..!

Diggy- *smiles and stands up*

Y/N- *stands and hugs him* Congratulations homie!

Diggy- *kisses your cheek* *rubs your back*

I stood up and kissed Y/N in front of the camera .. her cheek anyway. She beamed back at me and as I made my way to the stage and down the front row of where we were sitting, I had my shoulders tapped and I shook hands with every successful musician and actor that wanted to. I smiled the whole way. 

I made my way up the steps of the stage real quick.. swear I almost tripped back there. I didn’t even remember Khalil was up there. I approached Alexis with her curly red hair as she stood in her cream dress. I kissed her on the cheek welcomingly and hugged her. Khalil had the award in his hands and he held it out to me as well as his other hand as if to shake it. 

I took the award and ignored his gesture, though it was polite but a little smug. Instead I smiled at him, brushed his hand aside and instead and whispered “that’s my girl down there” to him and he glared at me and disappeared offstage with Alexis. 

Diggy- *stands in front of the mic* Well… I can’t say I expected this to happen. I mean when I got the nomination I was happy as hell. Then when I saw who I was up against, I was nervous. I kept saying I wouldn’t get this… but.. *looks at you* my girl down there told me I had it and I could win it. *smiles*

Y/N- *smiles back at him*

Diggy- I’d like to thank everyone who bought my albums and singles, supported me since I was like, 13… my family, my crew, my producers.. and my girl down there, the most beautiful lady in my life for believing in me…

Audience- *awe at you both*

Diggy- Thank you. *holds up award and walks offstage*

The awards show cut to the break and after I was able to put my award backstage and straighten myself and my outfit out, I was about to head back to Y/N at our seats when..

Khalil- What was that all about?

Diggy- *rolls his eyes* Don’t talk to me… *tries to walk away*

Khalil- *pushes him back* Hold up, I was tryna be nice. To say sorry…

Diggy- *looks at him* And I’m tryna show you how distant I’ma be

Khalil- It should be me acting like that, you stole my girl.

Diggy- *shakes head* Nah, she came to me when you treated her wrong. Real wrong. I saw what you did to her first time. *looks in his eyes* I heard it all and I hated it. I still can’t forgive myself for not stopping a monster like you.

Khalil- You what?

Diggy- Yeah. She came to me for help, to get away and to stop you hurting her and I think I did a damn good job so far. I was in love with her, I never fell out of love with her and she never did for me either. I don’t care what kind of gesture that was meant to be up there but if you expected me to be the person to let that go.. you’re looking at the wrong person. I ain’t even the one you should be saying sorry to. *walks away*