Chapter 18

YOUR P.O.V.

Michelle- *parks car* I shouldn’t have left the kids there with him on their own, let alone Aria, she’s too fragile to handle this…

Y/N- *silently crying*

*an hour later*

Aria/Y/N- *sit silently in waiting room*

Michelle- *comes in with coffees* First thing tomorrow morning, you’re all coming back home. None of you are capable of caring for your dad on your own..

Aria- *looks at her* Mom..

Michelle- No, Aria. We all knew he had drug and alcohol problems and I shouldn’t have left you guys there to care for him on your own. It wasn’t responsible enough of me..

Aria- It’s not your fault… It was me.

Y/N- *looks at her* What?

Aria- *sniffles* He… he said he hadn’t had a drink in days and he wanted one… and so I thought because he was doing well that he deserved one so I went out and bought it for him

Michelle- Just one drink?

Aria- Um..

Y/N- *serious* What drinks then?

Aria- Whiskey, Vodka… and rum. *looks down*

Y/N- You idiot! *hits her in the arm repeatedly*

Michelle- Y/N! Stop! *holds her back*

Y/N- *crying* So you’re the reason he ended up in here?!

Aria- I didn’t mean it.. I didn’t know he’d been drinking before…! He’d been secretly drinking for weeks…

Y/N- I don’t care, it’s your fault he’s in there!

Aria- I left him for 20 minutes Y/N!

Y/N- You don’t know how much an alcoholic can drink in 20 minutes! He drunk everything you gave him!

Michelle- *shakes you* Girls! *looks at you both* I do not and we don not want to be hearing this. This stops now. It’s no one’s fault. Aria, I should have been looking after your dad, not putting the pressure on you to take care of him and your brother at times.. *looks at you* And you shouldn’t be attacking your sister knowing how much she’s had to sacrifice to look after your dad..

Y/N- *under your breath* She didn’t even do it properly

Aria- What?

Y/N- You heard me.

Michelle- And it’s no one’s fault either. Alcoholics cannot control themselves or their desperation to drink. We have to stick together, we’re a family and we have to be strong for your dad.. you understand me?

Aria- *nods*

Y/N- *looks at Aria* *points at her* If anything happens to him… I’ll never forgive you

*doors open*

Doctor- Aria (your last name)?

Michelle- *rushes to the doctor* We’re here…

Aria- What’s wrong with my dad?

Doctor- I’m sorry to say this but.. he’s been diagnosed with alcohol related liver disease..

Y/N- *covers face* Oh my God…

Michelle- What does that mean exactly?

Doctor- It means we’ll have to keep him under watch for as long as possible to make sure his condition remains as stable as it can.. but there’s been a lot of damage to his liver, if it worsens and becomes irreversible, he may need a liver transplant..