12

Marinette

"And the capitol of America is.."

"Ugh I don't know! Why do I even have to know this it's utterly ridiculous."

"Because, if I'm trusting you to protect Paris, I want you to at least past your geography quiz."

"Oh please, I can protect Paris without knowing that." Chloe said

"So, what's it like being a superhero." I edged on, because I realized I didn't really know how she felt about it.

"Well, I got a really cute outfit to go along with it so that's a good thing. But I also really like helping people. It makes me feel like I have a purpose."

It was weird I kinda understood what she was talking about. Maybe we all felt like that deep down.

"Ok, back to capitol of America. The answer is..."

"New York?" She guessed

"Washington DC, formally the District of Columbia."

"Ridiculous. We need a break." She said, throwing herself on her bed.

"Ok let's.." In the midst of my sentence, I heard a knock at her door.

"It's probably Jean whatever is name is. Come in!"

He walked in with a message on a platter, sighed to Marinette. I curiously walked over to it and opened the envelope. It read:

Marinette can we please talk. We went to your house but you weren't there, so we assume you're here. It's important. -Alya and Nino

"Ya you're right we can continue studying a different day. Later Chloe." I yelled as I walked out of her bedroom.

I walked to the elevator and hesistated at pushing the button. Why did I want to talk to them? I didn't want to hear any more of what a terrible person I am, but I thought I should at least hear them out.

Nino

Alya sat there cracking her already popped knuckles over and over again.

"What if she doesn't wanna see us? Or she yells at us? Or..." Alya rambled.

"We know Marinette! She's not like that. We just have to explain, ok?"

She nodded her head as she sat down on the steps of the hotel. They had taken our message up about 5 minutes ago, and I was beginning to think she wasn't gonna show. However, I saw the elevator door opens and Marinette began to walk to us with a sad face. I was beginning to rethink our plan, but there was not much we could do about it now.

"Hey." Alya said, standing up in her place.

Marinette just kinda stood there, like she was waiting for what was so important.

"I.. I felt really bad about what happened today in the cafeteria today so I stayed in there a bit longer but then I had realized I left my phone in the locker room and I went to get it but I heard Lila and she was talking about how she had been lying to us the entire time she's been here."

I didn't hear her even stop for a breath during her whole paragraph.

"So, you're only here to apologize because you heard Lila say what I've been trying to tell you this whole time?" Marinette questioned.

Alya nodded her head in a guilty manner.

"Alya I needed a best friend this week. Hell, Nino I just needed a friend. My life has turned upside down and I needed someone to listen, but you listened to Lila. I needed you guys, but I got a new friend who actually listens. Ya I know, it's strange that I'm friends with Chloe, but she's been more of a friend to me this week than you've ever been."

With that, she stormed down the steps of the hotel and began to walk in the direction of her home. Alya couldn't even move from her position.

"Come on," I said, trying to get her to move from her spot.

"I.. I hurt Marinette. I'm an awful friend."

"Alya, you made a mistake. You've helped her through so much in the past. It was a spur of the moment comment."

"I'm an awful friend." She repeated.

Before I got to say anything else, she took off running.

"Wait!" I yelled.

I tried to chase her through the city of Paris, but it was a lot harder than it sounded. I ended up in front of the Eiffel Tower; hurt, alone and feeling like I had failed everyone.

Alya

I ran until I hit the steps of my house. I took so many twists and turns I hoped Nino wouldn't be able to track where I was. I just needed to be alone right then. I ran up my stairs and to my room. My tears were flowing from my eyes, and that's when I saw it. Clear as day, a purple akuma came flying towards me.

"Oh no." I muttered.

I had no strength to push it off, or to even try and deflect it. If flew into an old friendship bracelet I wore that Marinette had made me months ago.

"Disconsolmate. You feel like you've been a bad friend. Well, now everyone will be. When you shoot a friendship bracelet onto them, they will immediately turn on their best friend!"

"That way Marinette can't see me as the only bad friend in this town!"

I felt myself began to transform. My outfit turned a sad navy blue color, but the sleeves were made out of endless friendship bracelets.

"Let's roll!" I yelled out as I jumped out of my window.