21

Adrien

We ran behind Natalie immediately catching her off guard. With her soaked costume efficiently ruined, Marinette wrapped her up in her yo-yo.

"Stop! You let me go now!" Natalie screamed.

"Hold her still Milady, I'll find the akuma!" I yelled.

I began to look all around her for what could be holding the akuma. When I thought all hope was lost, I landed on what looked like the smallest camera of them all, only it wasn't a camera. It was a small bracelet I had made for her years ago that held a picture of the two of us. It almost broke me to have to break it, but i knew it's affects where only temporary. Just as I was about to break it, Natalie erupted in a way I had never seen before.

"Chat Noir, look out!" I heard Alya call out. She wasn't Rena Rouge anymore, which I guess makes sense seeing as how her power would've run out. She had her camera out and was pretending to only be there for the ladyblog, but she was still secretly helping us with our mission.

As I realized I was about to be knocked into a brick wall by Omnipali's force, I felt nothing. I looked up to see Marinette passed out against the wall. She had taken the hit for me and I hadn't been able to protect her. Without even meaning too, I turned all my anger to Natalie. I ran with all my might and pushed her against the wall.

"Don't ever touch her again! You report back to hawkmoth that he's lost once again. Also, make sure he knows that this will all be over soon. We're gonna find him, and when we do, he's done." With that, I took the bracelet and smashed it under my foot.

I saw the akuma begin to fly away, and I ran over to Marinette at once. She wasn't even conscious, let alone in any state to grab an akuma, but I knew deep down Omnipalie was not an enemy we would be seeing again.

Alya

"Alya, where's a good place to hide she's about to transform back." Chat Noir said with sad eyes.

"Follow me!" I said quickly.

We ran into an old clothing store that I knew had been shut down the month before. As we set her down, a question remained at the tip of my tongue.

"How did you find out about each other?" O asked quietly.

"It was an accident." He responded, still keeping his eyes on an unresponsive Ladybug. "I put together the pieces of a person I knew in real life that matched with her life, and voila."

"Oh." Was all I managed to get out.

I knew I should be leaving, but any minute now I could figure out the biggest mystery in all of Paris. I finally had a chance to see who was really behind the Ladybug costume. All I had to do was ask.

"Chat Noir.. can I know?" I said, already knowing the answer that he would give.

"Alya.." He said sadly.

I sighed as I walked towards the door. "Yeah, I figured."

Her earrings began a final beep, and I knew that it was my cue to leave. As bummed as I was, I figured it was most likely for the better. I walked out the door without even realizing my necklace was still around my neck.

"Shoot!" I said loudly as I turned back into the store. By my calculations, she still had about 30 seconds left before she changed back, and I felt wrong about taking the necklace with me, so I wanted to drop it off before I broke my promise.

However, nothing could've possibly prepared me for what was waiting for me behind the door. I guess I had walked further than I thought, because when I opened the door, I was met with a very shocked Adrien Agreste and an unconscious Marinette.