23

Adrien

"You are done, Adrien. No more fencing, all classes will be done in the house, and no more friends. You obviously have no regard for the rules, so until you start to behave, you won't have a life anymore." My father yelled.

I knew this was coming. The second I snuck out this morning I knew this was the only way it would end. I wanted to be angry. I wanted to scream at him and tell him how awful of a father he was, but all I felt was numb. I didn't say anything back to him, and I could feel his impatience growing.

"Natalie will bring you your dinner tonight. I can't bear to look at you right now." My father spat as he left the room.

I should've stayed in my room and fell asleep like I wanted, but I heard a nagging voice in the back of my head telling me not to stay in my room. I had no clue why, I figured the only thing following my father would do was get me in more trouble, but my curiosity eventually won.

"What are you doing Adrien? If you keep misbehaving he might stop letting you buy the fancy cheese!" Plagg yelled.

"Shush Plagg. I just have a feeling.." I started.

I creeped as silently as I could, trying not to alert my father of my whereabouts. When I lost track of him, I almost rolled my eyes at how stupid I had been. All I would find was a boring old man who was probably just going to design his newest creation. As I started to turn back to room, I heard a sound I had never heard before. 

"What was that?" Plagg whispered, now being equally as intrigued.

I shrugged my shoulders as I approached the wall separating myself from my father. If he caught me spying now, I knew he would be furious, but I couldn't just let this go. I peeked my head carefully around the corner, and I almost gasped at what I saw.

Marinette

The walk home was almost unbearable. My head was filled with all of the awful outcomes that would happen now. Everyone knew who held the miraculous now, and I knew it was only a matter of time before it backfired.

"You tried your best Marinette." Tikki said.

"It wasn't good enough." I said sadly, going up to my room.

My parents tried to talk to me, but my heart was too heavy to be nice. I nearly through myself onto my bed as I drifted off into sleep.

*Ring*

I nearly jumped out of my bed when the sound of my phone woke me up. I had no clue who would be calling me, but when I saw Adrien's name pop up in my phone, I got a weird feeling in my stomach. Usually I loved talking to him, but I knew something was off.

"What's wrong?" I asked into the phone.

"I.. I don't know really. This cant wait until tomorrow. I don't know if what I saw is true, but if it is... well you just need to get here. And hurry!" He said urgently.

I wanted to transform into ladybug and arrive in a matter of seconds, but I couldn't be suspicious. Even though my worry meter was through the roof, I had to pretend like everything was alright.

"Hi mom. Hi dad. Sorry I was a little cranky after school, you know how school can be!" I said with an awkward laugh.

"We understand honey!" My dad said as he continued making dinner.

"But, I was wondering if I could pretty please go to Adrien's tonight!" I said, trying to make the best puppy dog eyes that I could.

"Well, it is a school night." My mom said, checking the time.

"I know, it's for school! Please, please, please!"

"I guess so. Just be back before 9." My dad eventually said.

I embraced them both into a tight hug, because even though I didn't know what was going on, I knew it was something bad, and a part of me didn't know whether I would get to say goodbye to my parents.