19

Alya

My heart was beating fast as I felt my skin race. Chat Noir quietly begin to sneak through the streets of Paris, trying to think of a plan to take down Omnipalie.

"Maybe we need more allies, but only Ladybug knows who Rena Rouge and Carapace are." He said sadly.

"We don't need them." I said confidently. However, I was feeling the opposite. Having an illusion of Adrien would really be a lifesaver right now.

We sat in silence for a while, both trying to think of a plan to help us. Eventually, his eyes lit up, showing he had thought of an idea.

"I know how we can defeat Omnipalie. We need Rena Rouge. She's our only hope, I know it. Stay here, I'll go figure out who she is and I'll bring her back. It's the only way to stop her.

I saw him start to jump across the buildings to get the miraculous before I even got another word in. I can barely breathe. There's a super villain on the lose, and the fear of losing my miraculous is ten times worse than the fear I have towards the enemy. No matter how much it hurts, I just have to focus on the mission and figure out of way to save Paris, even if it is for the last time.

Adrien

"Master Fu!" I said as I nearly ran inside his house. He had shown me where it was when he told me all about the miraculous, but I had never actually been there in person.

"Adrien.. what are you doing here?!" He asked scared.

"There's no time to explain. I need the fox miraculous to save Paris. I also need to know who it belongs too."

"Adrien, if too many people know the owner of the miraculous..." Master Fu started.

"I know it's dangerous but it's the only choice we have right now. Please trust me."

I saw Master Fu sigh deeply before walking over to the miraculous box.

"I do trust. I have all my faith in you and Ladybug, actually. I just hope I haven't made a mistake. Adrien Agreste, you may go and give the miraculous to Alya Cesaire."

My heart dropped as he said this. Alya, the girl who I had entrusted to be ladybug? This whole superhero thing was getting more and more complicated by the day, but this would have to wait till after.

"I won't let you down." I said as I ran out of the building. We had one shot to get this right.

Alya

My palms were sweaty as I anxiously awaited the arrival at Chat Noir. It seemed like hours had passed, but I knew that was my own fear playing tricks with me.

"Alya." I heard a voice say from behind me.

I slowly stood up as I turned around to become face to face with Chat Noir.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you.." I started.

"Don't apologize now. I have a plan that I think will help us win. I'm going to need Ladybug's ring back. You'll transform into Rena Rouge, make an illusion of Adrien, and say the only way that he'll come willingly is if she unfreezes everyone. While she's distracted with you, I'll go find ladybug and give her back her miraculous. She's the problem solver, she'll know what to do."

"Wait.. does that mean you know her identity?! I thought that's what we were trying to hide!" I said.

"It's.. it's a long story that we don't have time for now. Alya, I'm counting on you to do this. Are you ready?"

I popped on my necklace as I looked down the victim. "Always."