Chapter Five

Seriously? She was still dating that Zeke guy? What kind of name was that anyway?

I could feel my furrowed brows and it started to give me a headache. I was watching them from above the building across Catherine's apartment. It looked like they had a date since she went home late. Was she kidding she let him come up? Not now, please. I was here first. Oh, man. They went upstairs. I needed to get closer. Oh no. I realized that was a bad idea. Why was I panicking?

The nearest I could be was her fire escape. I heard her main door open. Thanks to one of my super senses. They talked about the movie they just watched. A fridge just closed. I hoped it was just water. I heard her giggle. She really was fond of that guy, huh. Then I heard a "goodnight" and a smack. It sounded like a kiss. Whatever.

I heard her called her sister's name but no one answered back. Finally, she opened the door to her room. My heart raced. Could I please see her? I peeked through the window. She was facing the mirror with a smile on her face. God, she was so pretty. Glad to know she was happy.

I really liked it when Catherine tie her hair up. What do women call that? A bun? Yeah, I thought so. I could see her Asian decent when she had her hair like that. She moved to the other side of her room where I could not see her from where I was. So, I leaned to my right to get a good sight of her and when I did, she was just wearing her robe. I flinched and froze for a bit and later did I know gravity pulled me that I lost my balance. My right boot got stuck on one of the treads of the stairs of her fire escape and it made a loud thud. Catherine startled from the noise I made and walked towards the window. Just in time, I was able to remove my boot and sped up to the roof top. Whew. That was close.

I heard her closed her windowpane. I went back to the building right across her apartment but I could no longer see her. She must have taken a shower. I sat and waited. After several minutes, her door swung open and she was still on that robe. Whew. She moved to the side of her closet and when I saw her again she was already in her PJs. She looked soo cute on that. She brushed her hair while holding her phone. Maybe texting her boyfriend?

The thought made me sad. I wished she could call me. I wished she could send me a message. I wished I could take her to the movies, too. Oh, well. Lights went out. Sweet dreams, Catherine.