Chapter Forty-One

Catherine

I guessed I could no longer hide nor deny what I really feel.

It was really good to see Vincent again that I smiled the moment I heard his voice and looked back. First instinct, yeah?

"Hi." was all Vincent could say. Damn I missed that nervous smile. There was a moment of silence. Ugh! Cut him some slack, would you? And yes, I smiled back at Vincent.

"So… with that smile… does that mean we are good?"

"What makes you think I am that easy?"

Vincent's smile faded and he bowed his head down to hide his disappointment.

I grabbed his hand. "Let's get inside before one of us gets sick." and headed for the door.

"I don't get sick." Vincent claimed.

I giggled as I rolled my eyes.

Whatever, Keller.

Vincent

"Catherine, wait!"

I held her hand tightly that made us stop. Catherine had a worried look on her face while waiting for me to say something.

I let go of her hand. I took something from the back of my jeans and handed it to her. Catherine giggled with her wrinkled nose.

"I love you, Catherine."

She took the red rose and smelled its petals.

"I love you, too."

I leaned down to her and finally, finally… I felt her soft lips brushed with mine. Catherine placed her hand on my chest and kissed me back. Soft and gentle.

I let go of her lips and looked into her lovely jade eyes.

"I am so inlove with you."