Chapter Six

Murder Victim's Daughter Claims "Beast" Saved Her.

I had stared at this clip for almost an hour. She looked so scared and traumatized on this photo. And, oh! She mentioned me. That a beast saved her. Of course no one believed her claim. Who would? I kept tabs on her ever since. I did not know why. I could not forget how she looked at me the night I saved her. I felt a strong connection between us.

"Hey, V? Are you up there?" I startled by JT's footsteps on his way up. I immediately hid the clip in the drawer and stood up. "What are you doing up here?"

I pretended to scan the pages of a book. "Nothing. Just reading some of your books. Might find something new. For the cure." Whew.

"Okay... Come downstairs. We have take-outs." My stomach grumbled in agreement. I secured the drawer was closed. JT should not find out about her. He would go ballistic.

****************************************************************************

"Classes done for today?" I wondered why he was home at this time.

"Not yet. Still have one more by 3:30. I just thought to eat lunch at home." I thanked him by smiling but that turned into a frown. JT noticed my look.

"What's wrong? You don't like the food? Are you being choosy now?"

I did not answer. Still making sure of what I heard. My hands were clenched.

"What now?" JT was now in panic mode. I heard a car pulled up. That was it. Someone was coming. Both of us stood up as soon as we heard the knock.

"JT Forbes? NYPD." JT gave me an "Uh-oh" look. "Mr. Forbes?! Open up!"

I ran upstairs as JT opened the door for them. I stood near the stairs so I could see who our visitors were. Two NYPD women. What did JT do to have such visitors? He questioned if it was about his speeding ticket. It was not. Good but bad because they were asking about me. What did I do?

****************************************************************************

One of them started to walk and observed the surroundings. I was able to take a good look of her face since she looked upstairs. And when she did, I felt my heart stopped. Of all the NYPD women in New York. It was Catherine. The Catherine Chandler.

"You think we could look around?" Uh... not a good idea, Catherine. But glad to hear that JT found an excuse.

The two women left and I made sure they did as I watched them get in their car. JT came back upstairs and I was expecting him to freak out which he did. I guessed I could no longer keep the secret to him.

"What the hell did you do?!"

I got the clip from the drawer, showed it to him and all I said was... "That was her."