Chapter Eight

The warehouse where we live used to be a Chemical Plant. I forgot what JT told me how he found this place. We just moved in here one day when JT decided to live our lives in solitude. It was almost midnight and I was hanging out on our rooftop to get some fresh air. Well, if there was any. Sure thing the place was full of toxic.

****************************************************************************

I smiled as I remembered Catherine recognized me when she paid me a visit for the second time. The way she looked when I came out of hiding from the... where was I hiding anyway? See? I forgot things when my thoughts were about her. Her investigative look with furrowed brows. Oh, yeah. She saw me transformed. Well, not completely but she saw the other side of me. She was definitely frightened and ran off. I should not have done that though but I was so furious of her being so... persistent. I mentioned several times not to under-estimate Muirfield's capacity. Ugh. Hardheaded woman.

"Care to share?" JT sat beside me with his beer. "Want some?" I grinned. He knew I could not drink anymore. "So. How long has it been?"

What was he talking about? "Don't you give me that 'no idea' look. You sure do know what I'm talking about."

I knew it will get down to this. "Uhh... Her name is Catherine Cha..."

"I already know her name and let me remind you, she is a cop!" He noticed he raised his voice so he spoke calmly next. "Okay. How'd you know her?"

"She... I... saved her 9 years ago. There were these men who tried to kill her. Muirfield. And..."

JT's eyes grew big when I mentioned Muirfield. "What does she has to do with M?"

"Muirfield killed her mother in front of her. She was able to escape and ran to the woods and... I saved her."

"By killing those men. Wow. You're a hero, huh. When was this? Almost a decade ago? Then you started following her? Stalker!"

I could not help it but I laughed at the terminology.

"You like her?" I was surprised by his question. "Well, you are not stupid enough to put your life at risk if you don't. Okay. I just answered my own question. Lemme say that you know the danger of this, big guy. Alright then. Get inside when you're done with your thoughts. Stalker!"

I laughed again. He stood up and went on his way down. The guy had a different approach of taking care of me.

****************************************************************************

JT's question made my tongue-tied. Was I? Maybe. I guessed I felt that there was a need for me to check on her from time to time. It would not mean I like her, would it? Yes, I had helped other people but Catherine... she was special. We had this indescribable, strong connection. Those green eyes... and one thing that I was proud of… Catherine saw me at my ugliest but she still thought I was a hero.

I could not stop smiling. Fine. I like her.