Chapter Thirty-Eight

Vincent

Patience would always be a virtue.

For the past three weeks and so, I did nothing but check out Room 513 from the fire escape. Heather was all I could see though. No signs of Catherine at all. If only I could knock on the door and ask her where Catherine was. I mean, Heather knew me by name. Although as Zalansky not Keller. Okay, not a good idea.

I went home to another night of disappointment.

I felt stupid and funny at the same time knowing that I had been staring at my phone for the last hour. I really wanted to call Catherine but I was afraid to get the phone and dial the number. It was as if the phone was like some disease. Nah. I was just overreacting.

The truth? I was afraid of another rejection. I understood Catherine needed space and so I gave her what she wanted. I just thought three weeks was more than enough.

Wait, Keller. Just wait.

" I didn't think you were home. "

" Hey, JT. Sorry, but I still live here with you. "

" Is that so? I thought with someone else' fire escape. "

" Very funny, JT. "

" Well... any good news perhaps? "

There was nothing left to say and I just gave him the "look".

" I'm sorry, man. "

A good friend understands. I bowed my head to defeat.

I could not live like this anymore.

Catherine Chandler was killing me! I could not move on and forget her just like that. It was not that easy. I couldn't. I won't. Or if I would... then I needed answers. From her.