Chapter I

A crash sounded from above as another building fell into rubble. Two spirits danced around, fighting, consisted of a large multi-colored bird and the other, a dark brown bulldog. They were both as large as the buildings that were crumbling beneath them. The dog clenched its jaws, snarling its large teeth trying to take a chunk out of the bird. The bird had its wings spread wide, keeping its self-off the ground. It dodged every attack and counter attacked with swift and short jabs with its beak.

Two humans sat on their respective animal, being a part of the fight but not at the same time. The man that was on the dog was lean; his clothing was of a pair of jeans with a hole in the left knee with a red and black checkered shirt. His hair was a tangled brown mess that sat atop his head hanging in his eyes like a mop; his chin was covered in the same brown stubble.

The man that sat on the bird's shoulders had hair that went down around his shoulders, streaked with many different dyes, making him look tropical bird. His clothing consisted of a pair of tan slacks with a tie-dye shirt.

"Simogan, Give it here," The man on the bird's shoulder shouted, pausing in mid action. "You'll never find the person it'll talk to so give it to me!" he pointed at himself dramatically.

"Never!" The man on the dog's back shouted back in the same dramatic tone with a slight chuckle on the edge of his voice. "I will find the person and it won't be you!"

"I will get it!" The birdman shouted back. The bird took another swift swoop down. The man and the dog both paused slightly and the beak succeeded in hitting the dog on its shoulder. A sliver liquid started to spill from the spot. The dog turned and looked at its master. The man nodded.

"Well, it has been nice." The man on the dog shouted, "But I must respectfully say goodbye." He gave a small mocking bow before the dog and its master jumped on top of one of buildings that wasn't in complete rubble and started to run. The master had his hand out stretched, holding something in the palm of his hand. A blinding white light appeared a couple feet in front of the two. With a huge leap they jumped in the light and disappeared.

"No!" The other man hissed in a small protest.

ᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲᶲ

"Kila, wake up" The covers of the bed were ripped off, showing a skinny teen in a large black T-shirt, she gave a small groan. The woman holding the sheets had short blond hair with bright blue eyes. She wore a business suit along with a grim expression on her face. "Kila, if you don't wake up this instant you're going to be late for school. Your alarm has been going off for twenty minutes." She huffed, as the teen sat up and looked droopy at her mother, her long silvery hair falling down and around her shoulders.

"But mom, it's so early" She fell back on to her bed, "and I was dreaming."

"I don't care, get your butt out of bed and get dressed; I don't pay for you to sleep your life away." She muttered as she threw the covers back on to the bed and stalked out of the room. "Now get dressed or you'll have to walk to school." Kila looked over at the doorway her mother had just walked out of and moved so that her feet were hanging over the side of the bed. She looked up at the ceiling.

"That dream" She muttered "That place...those two people." She sighed as her feet met her baby blue carpet.

Kila took a moment to take in her room. White walls looked back at her, they were rather bare but that's how she liked it. If there was one thing that bothered her, it would be walls cluttered with a bunch of random things. There were three piles of unwashed clothing, one in between her light wood dresser and her bathroom door, one next to her side table that made it so her door never completely opened and the last was between her desk and window. Her window was letting light seep through the cracks in the drapes.