Chapter XI

Kila took one step after another before she looked around, realizing that she was in the housing district. She took a few more steps then just kept walking. She let her feet do most of the navigating and let her mind wonder as she looked up at the sky. It was still dark out and the three moons hung limply in the sky. Flimsy clouds floated past them as if the clouds were trying to hide for a few moments before they peeked back out.

Looking forward Kila realized that she was back at the prince's mansion. She looked up at the large house. It seemed as if the party was over and all the people had gone home. Kila walked up towards the house. She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the moons ryes on her skin.

When she opened them again she was inside a room in the mansion. She knew because all of the walls were cream and gold colored with the weird fake grapes hung over the door frames. The thought passed through her mind that she wondered how she had gotten here, but as fast as it came it went away.

She glanced around the room and saw the fake prince sitting at a large desk; he was hunched over writing something on a piece of paper. He glanced up as the door opened and the guard that was covered in brown walked in.

"Yes?" The prince spoke returning to his paper work.

"It seems that you were right?" The fake prince paused at this and watched the man walk forward.

"Which part?" He smiled an evil grin spreading across his face.

"Both sirs, it seems that Kulna has left her tower and is traveling to the capitol city." The man in brown stood in front of the prince's desk, his hands behind his back.

"And the other girl?" He raised his eyebrow the same evil grin still on his face.

"Awe yes," He shuffled his feet slightly, "I wasn't able to take a good look around their room, but I know that nothing that she owned was in her room." The prince looked slightly confused.

"But she's traveling with the knight and the high Summoner, correct?" The guard nodded, "Then she should have some kind of luggage."

"When she was here earlier, I noticed that she had a bag on her shoulder, could that be it?" The prince scowled.

"You can't carry everything that you own in one small bag," he spit the words as if the guard had insulted him. "Did you figure out where she came from and who that little girl is?"

"No sir," The guard paused, "No one in town knows them. Apparently they walked in from the sands earlier today." The prince held up his hand and started to stroke his thumb to his lips.

"Interesting,"

"What is sir?"

"Don't you think it's odd that the day that Kulna left her tower, two strange people show up with important people from the castle?" The guard paused.

"Is that why you invited them?" He paused again bowing slightly, "My apologizes, I am not questing your judgment."

"I invited the girls because I saw them enter the city with the high Summoner and knight. I knew inviting them they would bring the other two along. My only question now, is who are they?"

Kila looked at the two of them, and realized that they were still speaking but she couldn't hear what they were saying. She turned and looked up at the moon though the large glass window in the room, closing her eyes and letting out a breath. When she opened them again she was right outside the mansion like she had never moved. She turned and started to walk back down the streets that filled the housing district. She let her mind wonder again breathing deeply as she went, looking up at the sky.