Chapter XXXV

"Come on Kila," Ezra spoke from in front of her, her hand still in his. "We're almost there." Kila felt her eyes getting heavy. It was already dark and they were still walking.

"You said that like an hour ago," she muttered under her breath.

"What?" Ezra glanced over his shoulder.

"Nothing," She sighed inwardly, she knew that he had heard her. They walked for a few more minutes, the moons rising slowly above their heads. The moons cast shadows all around them, making the trees bounce light off of each other.

"We're here," Ezra said and Kila looked ahead. In front of them a few feet were firelight, it bounced. Kila paused her breathing listening; she heard voices.

"Alex!" It was Nata, "If you don't calm down I have no issue knocking you out again!"

"Nata," Kulna spoke softly, Kila barley hearing her. "Calm down."

"Alex," Lry's voice spoke this time, "She's with Ezra, they will be here soon."

"Lry," Alex's voice said again, "Why not check in with them?"

"I don't have to," Lry shot back; "I trust them."

"Foods done," Simogan's voice broke though the others. Kila smiled as she heard Tarthan's bark.

"Looks like we made it just in time for food," Ezra grinned at her as he spoke; the blue moon altering the color on his face. "Though I don't know if that is a good thing or not." Kila smiled and picked up the pace. After a few more minutes the camp came into view. She lifted her hand.

"Hey!" She shouted, "Guys!" Kila found herself running towards them. Alex stood up, smiled and half-walked, half-ran to meet her. He didn't have any of his armor on, so when she jumped into his arms and spun her around like a small child she didn't get stabbed by his armor. When he put her down, Lry came and bounded into her.

"Kila!" She squeaked. Instead of hitting her around the knees, she hit her around her hips. Kila smiled, grabbing her in the hug.

"You've grown," She said looking down at Lry who smiled.

"You're becoming more aware of your magic," She explained, "and I grow with your magic." Tarthan barked and she reached down and pet his head. Simogan was waiting next she smiled at him.

"Hey," She reached up giving him a big hug. "Long time no see." He laughed.

"Good to see you made it back to us in one piece," Simogan glanced up, let her go and walked behind her. Ezra had just come around the corner. They grasped forearms, grinning at each other; Simogan clapped him on the shoulder. "You made it just in time for dinner." Ezra grimaced at him for a moment.

"You can't tell me that stuff you eat is food," They both laughed. Kila looked back at the fire; Nata was walking up to her.

"Man," She said smiling, "It's good to have you back. I'm sick of him." She jabbed her thumb at Alex, "Freaking out this whole time." Kila laughed.

"Sorry about that," She ginned at Alex, who was scratching the back of his head and had an embarrassed grin on his face. Kila looked past Nata at Kulna who was still sitting by the fire; she raised her hand in a welcome. She looked as if she wanted to get up, but seemed to stop herself.

"Get over here and give me a hug," Kila pouted. Kulna smiled before she got up and walked over embracing Kila.

"Good to have you back," She muttered into Kila's ear.

"Come on," Kila looked over to Simogan as he spoke, "Come on. The foods getting cold." Kila laughed and everyone walked back to the fire; Simogan and Ezra chatting in low voices. Lry walked by Kila's side, Nata and Kulna behind them. Kila looked into the large pot that they had over the fire and her smile faded at the green glop that was boiling. She looked down at Lry who shrugged.