Chapter XXI

When Kila felt her body start to stir, she wasn't sure how long she had been out, but there was one thing that she knew. Everything hurt...again. She opened her eyes to see the cave ceiling again, she sat up and the heavy covers fell off. Looking down she realized that the covers were made from silk and filled with cotton. The large shirt that she had on now was also made from a silk material. She moved her legs so that they were hanging off the bed; she had the same type of capris on as the shirt.

Looking around the room again she recognized it. Kila got a better look at the cave room that she was in this time. The room had a bed and desk made out of light wood. The desk had a pile of paper, an ink well and a really fancy quill. She looked up the wall a little and saw that the desk had a shelf. The shelf had a blown glass ball with some sort of stick stuck inside, a small ball of sorts that was made out of an animal hide, and a broken arrow. To the right of the bed there was a door, and to the left of the desk there was another door.

Kila stood up and stretched, feeling her ribs as she moved. They hurt a less then they had a before. She looked though the color of the large shirt and down at her chest. The bruising was almost completely gone. She moved around again. How long had she been out?

Kila walked absentmindedly over to the shelf and picked up the glass ball in her hands. The glass was warm against her palm; she held up to her eyes and looked at the stick inside and realized that it wasn't exactly a stick but a tree limb. The tree limb was very dark; almost a black wood and it had flowers going up it. The flowers were pink on the outside and turned white as they went down towards the nectar.

Distorted from the hand blown glass she saw a picture that had been under the orb. She lowered the orb, standing on her tip toes looking at the picture. It was of a boy, with brown hair and a girl, with long blond hair. She reached out her hand to pick it up.

"Oi," Kila almost jumped out of her skin and quickly grabbed the ball out of the air where she had thrown it, she turned slowly, "put that down." Kila looked from the ball to the door, where a man had just walked through the frame and was closing the door behind him.

Kila looked at him for a moment before she turned around and placed the glass ball back on the shelf and turned back around.

He was a little taller than she was but only by a foot or two. He had brown hair that fell lightly around his shoulders with dark brown eyes that had flecks of green in them. He wore the same clothing that she was wearing only in white. She looked closer at him for a moment before she grinned and took a couple steps forward.

"It's you!" Kila exclaimed, looking around the room, "and this is the same room that I saw you in." She glanced at him. His eye brow was raised.

"You saw me here in this room?" He questioned his eye brow still raised. Kila put her hand over her mouth.

"No, no I didn't say that," She gave a weak smile. "Anyways, where is here?" She looked around again. He cleared his throat.

"My question first, how did you see me here?" His eye brow was still raised and his hands were on his hips now. She sighed.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Kila reached up twirled the piece of hair that always fell free of the rest. He looked at her for a moment, she smiled a little.

"Okay..." he sighed and pushed a lock of his own brown hair behind his ear. His ear looked a little pointed but not like Nata's. "Here, is the homestead of Clan of the Greenery." He paused and waited for her response. Kila racked her mind, something sounded familiar.