Chapter VII

"Kila!" Lry's voice said from somewhere, interrupting her sleep. "You need to wake up." Kila's eyes slowly opened. The black fur that she had been huddled in was the first thing that met her eyes. She rolled over yawning and stretching and looked up at the clear blue sky. The sky was soon blocked out by a mass of slivery white hair. "Kila, we have to go soon." The fur that Kila was wrapped in started to shake. "Waaaake up."

"I'm awake, I'm awake" She muttered as she sat up, Lry's small figure bounced around her.

"Morning!" Lry beamed at her for a moment before she bounced over to the fire where Alex and Simogan were sitting. Alex had taken off his plate armor, and set it up against the tent. He had on a red long sleeve shirt with a pair a jeans. Simogan had just taken off his jacket and was still wearing his one eye jeans. Tarthan poked his head out from under the tent. Kila stood up and shook the sand out of the black fur, before she folded it, threw it under her arm and walked over to the fire.

"Where should I put this?" She asked the boys sleepily.

"Just set it by the tent for now," Simogan pointed to a couple other things that were piled up. She walked over and sat it down then walked back over sitting down in the sand next to Alex; who was suturing something in his large pot. She glanced inside of the large pot. This time where was white mush inside. There wasn't any chunks just white paste.

"Is that breakfast?" She directed the question to no one in general.

"Yup," Lry looked into the pot and licked her lips. "Looks good doesn't it?" She smiled a little before she laughed. "Yeah this is nothing like what your use to for breakfast is it?" Kila looked over at her.

"How'd you know that?"

"I've been watching you for a while, ever since you were about six, so almost ten years now." She smiled again.

"You've been watching me?" Kila felt a little alarmed by this notion.

"Of course!" Lry grinned, "I choose you as a partner when you were little. I saw you as a child and I knew that you would be the perfect person." Lry smiled widely at Kila; who was starting to feel a little uneasy.

"How did you know?" Kila looked over at the tiny little girl, who had been watching over her since she was small. Who has known that at some point her world would fall apart and that Kila would come here all because Lry choose her. Kila didn't feel anything negative against her, but there was a tiny feeling at the back of her head that made her feel like she had been left out of something important.

"I could just tell," Lry smiled. Kila wasn't sure.

"How did you watch me?" She felt odd asking.

"The moon silly," Lry giggled again as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I can see all types of events through the moon. I've been using that to watch you grow up. You see the moon is always in the sky, even if it's just a shadow. So I could check up on you at any point." She smiled again.

"Does that mean you could look over to my world and see if my mother and Marie are okay?" Lry thought for a moment.

"It's possible," She paused with her eyes closed, "However, since your world is in a state of unbalance. It is much harder to find certain people as well as look though the moon." she paused again. "I could find you easily because you're connected to me. You always have been." A crease formed in between her eyes as she opened them, "I'm sorry I'm not much help." Kila put on a smile.