Chapter 15: Sophie

So we're supposed to go to the Fremont Bridge? Huh okay.

I mean I GUESS it's tall enough.

Before Mr. Forkle left he projected a picture of it to me, I could see it from the park we were at.

We are still sitting at the picnic tables in Overlook Park when Frank speaks up.

"So are we just going to go to South Korea? Cause none of us speak Korean..."

Fitz nudges me and says "Actually Sophie is fluent in all languages, it's one of her abilities."

Leo freezes, "really?", looks up mid bight.

I just shyly nod my head while looking down, I never like to brag or flaunt my abilities though people don't seem to mind as much as they used to.

"Well I guess the language problem is fixed, but what're we gonna do about your clothes? You guys are still all in your um 'elvin attire'," Leo says quoting his fingers.

I suppose we can't use the obscurer forever.

"Does anyone know where we can get some clothes?"

———

"When I said 'get some clothes' I didn't mean go on a shopping spree" I nod my head towards Biana because my arms are a little bit busy at the moment.

Biana seemed to know exactly what she was doing. Right as I mentioned replacing our clothes she made everyone finish up their gelato and dragged all the elves to the closest store she could find, while Percy and the rest of the demigods tried to find a way to get to the top of the Fremont bridge without getting arrested or noticed, we agreed to rendezvous on the bridge - the walking part of it - when we both finished.

So here I am with 2 shopping bags in each hand following Biana like a lost puppy.

I should know my way around here, I was the one who lived with humans for almost 13 years of my life, but when I asked how she knew she said that she sometimes watched the human movies with Dex sometimes and just shrugged it off.

We are in our new clothes, one bag has our old clothes and the other three are also new ones, I told Biana we only need one set of clothes but she insisted on getting 9 full sets of outfits.

9 outfits for each of us, that's me, Fitz, Biana, Keefe, Dex, Marella, Linh and Tam. In total it cost around $2000, the cashier was so confused as to how we could afford, she probably thought we were celebrities, she even asked for a photo with Fitz - which I politely declined.

The store was relatively close to the bridge. I can see the bridge right now actually, I almost forgot to look before crossing the street, I was too distracted looking at Fitz - he was wearing black skinny jeans and a gray hoodie - it was very different to what we normally wear so it was a big change but he definitely looks good.