2019

Jan. 19.
By the end of this year I will be 18... so... tell me, 18 year old self; did it happen? And, also, what university are we planning? What course? What subject did I drop- English or geography. Did Work experience happen? Oh, and did I pass my AS Levels? Or am I repeating? Did I pass grade 8 piano? Did I go to my formal? Has Eithne forgotten everything yet? Is Mannie okay? And is my family alright? Any new pets? Have I crashed my car? Have I passed my driving test? Oh gosh, am I okay? Did i do the jazz concerts? Did I go to Amsterdam? Was it amazing? Did I go to Italy? Did I go to Greece? Did I go to the west coast? Did I go to New York? I hope I'll enjoy it. I hope I get through it. Let's go.

6th jan. So, I'm beginning this year in a pretty neutral mood. My driving test is on the 16th which is in 10 days. Excellent.
This month I've got little planned; I just need to get filming for my short film! If I'm going by the deadlines, I want to have my actresses sorted and my rough draft all done! Also, I need to make music! Composition for my AS level and for my short film.
11th So, driving test on Wednesday.. oh god I'm nervous. I really want this, though. I really really want this.
15th- just back from my last driving lesson and it went so bad. I'm so so so nervous. I couldn't do any of the manoeuvres. I broke into ugly tears before the lesson was half way over (what a day to choose to wear eyeliner and mascara.. I'm a mess) I don't even think there's a point of me showing up for the test tomorrow, I'm terrified and there's no chance of me passing it. I'm not even exaggerating here; I couldn't do anything today.
It's so annoying because I know I can drive. I can drive fine in my own car, just not my sexist instructors car. I'm not strong enough to hold up his handbrake, and I'm not mentally strong enough for him to keep telling me "woman can't do this, women can't do that, women never let you out, women are stupid enough to understand this." Should have got myself an un-sexist driving instructor .. oh well.

Omfg I passed.
Wtf.
Wtf.
Today 16th, gotta be one of the best days ever, Well deffo on compared with yesterday. I'm writing in the brink of tears. I went back into school and my friends were so supportive, and my music teacher literally got emotional which made me kind of emotional. Yeah, basically everyone was so nice and I'm like wow.. wow.

So yes, past self, I did pass my driving test.

31st, I'm sitting here really really trying to keep it together. My mother is the most amazing woman in the world, yes, I'm biased, but this woman works twelve hours a day, triples her weekly contract, she works all night even on holidays and she still makes time for me.
She did a breast cancer screening last week and it's just came back positive. She needs to go to hospital. It's not confirmed, but I'm just terrified. She nearly died or cervical cancer when I was four and I will never ever be able to come back from this if anything happens to her.

Feb. 2nd- went to the cinema with my friends today. I was the designated driver. Ended up seeing Mary Queen of Scots.. wasn't really my kind of film.. especially when my principle happened to be sitting a few rows in front of us during rather.. intimate scenes...
No more word on my mother's health yet, she needs another scan.
I'm going to Amsterdam on Friday, a little stressed but I hope it just goes so well and that my friend enjoys it so much.
Mum got results from her scan back, she's all clear now :)
Going to Amsterdam in 12 hours :) I really really want to have the best time!

Day 1- awesome!
Got up at 5am, got to the airport by 7am. Met up with my friends and we went on the school trip! Awesome teachers going, my mad English teacher, my weird film teacher and two other awesome ones.
We literally had no plan today, we arrived, wanted to get something to eat so we went with the weird film teacher (he's amazing, we love him very much) and happened to have a romantic candle lit dinner 😂 just about four of us. We then went to the Van Gogh museum. 'Twas really interesting, he's definitely my favourite artist.
We then walked around the city for ages in the lashing rain watching chess ect seeing all the cannabis stores. Loved every second! We were all so lost. We got on the bus and we played the air dropping game. I was airdropping memes I made of our teachers under the name 'Vincent' and all of the juniors were trying to find out who it was!! They still don't know!!! I love this!!!!
Just got back to the hotel and I'm in bed with two great friends. (Not like that you weirdo 😂) here comes day two.... :)
Day two- it's 5am and I haven't slept all night 😂 it's a school trip thing, I just never sleep. Everyone else is sleeping, I'm hearing the odd sleep talking, went and did my eyeshadow at 4am because that's the sort of person I am. I think I'm gonna die at about midday today 😂 and there's a lot of walking in store!! Oh well, only two more hours till breakfast!