How Are You?

Hi guys, I'm always on this account reading and reminiscing over old stories but it struck me that you might still be here too.

I was just wondering how you are, what you're up to? What you've been at.

I'm at university in Ireland studying film. I've really gotten into writing screenplays, however I think it's made writing more difficult, as I feel the need to structure it perfectly, whereas I had always just improvised it in the past.

If you ever read The Boat Trip, you probably won't be surprised to hear that I have always wanted to travel the world. This year I decided that I'm done waiting for people to come with me, I'm just going to do it.

So, on the 14th of January I left the country for the first time on my own. I took a plane to Germany, I flew to frankfurt, then got a train to a beautiful city called Heidelberg, I stayed there for a night. I had only booked that one hotel for one night. I then decided to travel to Baden Baden, so I got a train down there, that's my favourite town in the whole of Europe I think!! Although there was a creepy man who grabbed my leg when I went to a thermal spa... Oh well... Then I decided to get a train up to frankfurt and stayed there for 3 nights.
Genuinely think it was the best thing I've ever done. Solo travelling is such an empowering experience and I recommend it to all of you!

So I stayed 6 nights in Germany in January, then in February I went to Berlin with some people from my uni.
Because of Covid I hadn't really made friends with anyone in my class, so it was a good experience to get to know them all. I had the best time. Went to some film premieres and got very very drunk almost every night. Also found some time to travel alone around Berlin. It was just such a good trip.

It's been 2 years since I left school, 2 years since my mother was very sick having chemo. My mum still has cancer and my dad was recently diagnosed too. But despite that, I'm always feeling positive.
2 years ago today I wanted to kill myself.
Today I'm probably the happiest I've been in a long while.
Yes there's war, there's a pandemic, there's money issues, I've literally had pins and needles for 2 months straight and to be honest I'm having a weird anxiety spell atm but life isn't perfect and I'm okay with that.

Tomorrow I'm off on another trip to Switzerland!

I'm free!!! :)

How are you doing? Let me know what's going on in your life. Ups and downs. Just know sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. But it will get better.