2023

Didn't write a monthly journal like I used to do, but my god this was a year of change for me.

I hope you're doing okay, I hope the year was alright for you.

In 2023 I started off being the most depressed I've ever been. Mainly from grieving, but now in retrospect it was to do with the toxic and self-deprecating environment I had put myself in.

But things looked up, the scars healed, and in May I decided I needed to get the hell out of Ireland. So I applied for an Australian Working Holiday Visa. And fifteen minutes later... I got one.

I graduated with a first class honours degree in Film in June. I worked full time as a Carer for elderly through the summer and in September I turned 22, said goodbye to everyone I loved, and the next day I took the long long flight to Sydney.

Then came the most surreal four months of my life, hostel life, van life, bus life... made new friends, became an imaginary friend to old friends. Accidentally changed my name??? Just the best best best decision I've ever made.

I travelled down the east coast, then did New Zealand and now I'm in the outback working as an Au Pair. It hasn't all been smooth sailing, I miss home, but I'm so grateful for the technology of FaceTime!! I feel like I've never been away.

So just to let you know if you're in the boat I was this time last year. You are your own boss, you are your own worst enemy, you are in control of your own life. So just go for it, fix your life if it needs fixing, decorate your life with memories and anecdotes and different hairstyles and partners and don't be afraid to become a whole different person in the process, because there's a little 10 year old you deep inside that thinks you're a super star. ❤️