⚘ three ⚘

Her phone vibrated on her night stand. She was laying in bed, waiting for him to text. And when he finally did, she had to calm down before answering. Her lab and husky both looked at her like she was crazy. She couldn't blame them.

(987)654-3210

Hey, this is Josh. This is where the place is at. It's a little ways out of Frankenmuth. Been there at 8PM. Here's the address

Emery

Hey, thanks! I'm excited to see what the surprise is 😉

(987)654-3210

I'm excited too 😁 Sleep good tonight!

Emery

You too

She squealed to herself and fell onto her pillows. Oreo, her husky licked her face and she had to move her out of the way. Buttercup wagged her tail but was lazy and stopped a second later. She thought she wouldn't be able to sleep but only a few moments later, she was sleeping. The excitement of the day tired her out.

Her doorbell went off and she groaned, slowly opening her eyes. She looked at the clock and it was already ten in the morning. Her dogs started barking, finally getting her up. She most definitely was not a morning person. She walked to the door, opening to see that it was her friends.

"Guys?" Jo answered with lifting up a couple of bags. She was a Latina, she had quite a few of make up bags. Which Emery loved since she didn't have a lot of makeup. They moved Emery out of the way so they could get into the warm house. Layla went straight to the dogs while Cami went to the coffee maker.

"What time do we need to be there? And where is it at?" Emery answered with grumbles. "Okay, we'll need to live about an two hours before eight so that we can make it. We'll take my SUV so that we don't feel squashed. Also, I think bossman, brought your car back."

"Probably. He knows how stupid my car can be, so his son tows it for me."

"Aww, how sweet. Competition." Emery rolled her eyes. "Go take a shower, and then wear some sexy underwear. Oh! And wear that red dress! You'll look perfect."

Emery went to her room and closed it. After taking quite a long shower, she was fresh and felt more awake. It might have been the smell of the coffee too. She went through her undergranment drawer and found some 'sexy' underwear. She complained under her breath and shanking her head. Without thinking too much, she put it on. Even if she wasn't gonna 'get it on' as Jo would say, it still made her feel confident. She looked through her closet to find that red dress Jo mentioned. She found it all the way in the far corner. She wasn't one to have short dresses, she liked it to be past her knees. However, this one was above her knees, the edge touching the middle of her thigh. She was just gonna go with it. She slipped on her tights but kept the jacket and the heels off. She went back to the living room. Jo looked over at her and nodded. "That's the one. Now, let's get your hair done!"

Emery sat in her office chair that Jo took out of her office. "Let's keep your hair loose and have loose curls. It'll look cute!"

"Whatever you want Jo."

"Cami?"

"Yeah!" She poked her head out of the kitchen. The food was starting to smell good. "Once you're done with that and we all eat, you are doing the makeup."

"Gotcha."

Emery's hair was touching just the tip of her hips and it was thick, so it took awhile to dry. And once it was done, brunch was finished. And they were all hungry.

They talked about plans on how they would get Josh and Emery together. But Emery wasn't worried. If it worked out, it worked out. If not, then so be it. She was always the second choice. She'd live.

At twelve, everyone was getting ready. Emery told Cami that she wanted neutral make up. She agreed, only putting some browns on her eyes, and a little eyeliner wing. Mascara was applied and then a gloss over her lips

"Very pretty," Cami smiled.

"Thanks." Emery loved Cami's green eyes and her red hair. She was just a beautiful woman, with the longest of legs. Even if she was nineteen. And under that sweet smile that she always wore, had to be secrets.

"Alright, Em. You're done. Layla, you're next."

Layla smiled and took Emery's place, "Do your thing."

By four, everyone was dressed and beautified. Jo wore a sparkly silver, long sleeved dress that reached the middle of her thighs as well.  However, it dipped a little low, showing off some cleavage. Her makeup was smokey and dark. Her hair was done in a slick pony tail with her signature hoop earrings. Her heels were also the color of her dress. She grabbed her tan jacket to keep herself warm.

Layla wore white high waisted pants, a black tucked in shirt, and a black long jacket. She wore knee high black boots. Her hair was straight like normal with just a little bit of waves. Her makeup was pink; pink eyeshadow and lips.

Cami wore a black sweater like dress that showed of her curves in the perfect way. Like, Layla, she wore knee high black boots. Her makeup was light with red lip stick that was darker than her hair. She wore a red jacket.

Emery grabbed her black clutch and leather jacket. They were ready for what was to come.

"Okay," Jo started. "we all are here for Emery, even if we do find those boys to be handsome."

Emery rolled her eyes, "Stop. This is just for fun. Let's go!"

Her phone dinged once she got into the car.

Joshua 🌻

I let security know about you guys. They'll keep an eye out for you. They know where to put you.

Emery

Okay, thanks. We're on our way there now.

Joshua 🌻

See you soon!

The ride to the venue was short because of the excitement and singing along with Greta Van Fleet. She was a horrible singer, however, couldn't help but sing with Josh. They had grabbed something to eat just before getting to the venue and hung around for a little bit.

They parked and walked the rest of the way. The line was already long, but they could handle it. Once the line started moving, it went by quick and once they got into the front, she said, "Josh just said to let you guys know who I was. Emery-"

"Ah! Right! I'll show you to your seats."

They were close to the front, but not too close. She couldn't complain too much. They whispered to each other, getting more and more excited. Once the lights dimmed and the beat started, they were up on their feet.

Highway Tune was first, Edge of Darkness was second, then When the Curtain Falls. When the strum of the guitar made it to her ears, she knew the next one was You're the One. Every so often, he would look at her and wink. She felt her toes tingle and her heart beat faster each time. She had forgotten about time and the people around them. It was just him and her.

She'd never felt that before.

"You're the one I want
You're the one I need
You're the one, You're the one I had
So come on back to me
Yeah, come on, baby
Oh"