⚘ seventeen ⚘

Emery was nervous. Very nervous. This was her first session with her therapist today, and she didn't know what was going to happen. To make herself feel more comfortable, she wore a large green over-sized sweater with black skinny jeans and black shoes.

Josh had called her that morning and told her that they were on there way for a sound check. They were going to have there first concert that night. She was excited for him. "So anything new for you babe?"

"Uh, actually, today I'm going to a therapy session."

"Oh, good! You called them."

She nodded and hummed, "I'm nervous about it."

"Why? The therapist is just there to listen and help where it needs."

"I know, but.. I'm talking to a random person about why I have mental problems."

"Sometimes that's best when it's a random person."

"Yeah."

"Don't worry about it. It'll be fine." Someone in the background called for him. "I have to go. You'll do great."

"I should be saying that to you. Talk to you later."

"Talk to you later!"

So, here she was staring at the small place that she had set up in Frankenmuth. She was surprised when the secretary said that Dr. Adelaide would come up. She wondered why. She breathed in the cold air and finally mustered up the courage to walk in.

It looked almost like a house, the way it was set up. However, there was a desk that sat right by the door with a beautiful blonde who was smiling right at her. She must have been Pam.

"You must be Ms. Windsor."

"Emery, please."

The woman nodded, still with a smile. "Dr. Adelaide will see you now. Go ahead to the last room on the right." Emery nodded and walked the last room. She knocked and then entered. A woman with light brown hair was sitting at a desk with a laptop on top. The room was beautiful and homey. And it smelled like spring.

"Hello, Emery. It's nice to finally meet you."

"Hello, Dr. Adelaide."

"Go ahead and sit down on the couch." She did so, and looked around. There was a large bookshelf, filled with many books. She looked at each, not really reading the names. Her hands wrung each other. Her stomach was filled with butterflies.