Chapter 8

"I heard that she got explosive diarrhoea and that's why she left. It was all over the bathroom and she was embarrassed." Perrie said to a group of kids talking about how the campaign was going so far. The majority of the school wanted Andre as their head boy and Leigh as their head girl even though she left randomly. People were concerned as it seemed that not even the teachers knew where she went.

Lilly scoffed. "She's not cut out obviously. She gets nervous too quickly." She had handed out a ton of 'Vote For Lilly' buttons all over. Most of the kids in the conversation were wearing one.

"I really don't think it was nerves though." Jade said softly. There were rumours flying all over but she had come to the conclusion that Leigh had a little problem a long time ago. Sometimes the girl would look tired and drained for no reason and Jade found that alarming. Was she dying from some illness that she was hiding from them?

"Then how do you explain her disappearing act?" A boy called Ricardo asked. He had an arm over Andre's shoulder. "I feel like she's secretly got stage fright because of something tragic in her past." He nodded.

"I wonder if she'll come today." A girl named Patricia questioned looking at the door. "If she doesn't then does that mean that she's out?"

Lilly smiled as everyone murmured. "Probably." It was hard to hide how happy she was. She did not even have to try to destroy her.

Just then, Leigh ran in with papers in hand. "Guys I'm such an idiot! I printed all of these and I forgot to bring tape. Help me! Who's got tape so I can stick these up?!" She seemed frantic.

The students were stunned. She looked pretty fine.

"Leigh-Anne you're not sick anymore?" Perrie asked seeming to be the only person bold enough to come up to her.

"Sick? I was never- oh you mean the stomach bug I had?" Leigh held her belly. "Oh yeah that was bad. It's like I've got some intestinal infection you know? It keeps coming back. I think I should see a doctor or something." She said sounding like she was lying.

Lilly narrowed her eyes as everyone started murmuring if she thought they believed her.

"Were you nervous? It's not so bad you know." Andre came up to her calmly and gently held one of her hands.

Leigh-Anne cringed wanting to pull away. "I really wasn't. I was actually sick before I came on okay? It happens . . . to me." She rubbed her stomach again.

"Really? Your stomach bug makes your eyes red?" Lilly challenged. If she thought right, it looked like Leigh had not slept a wink.

"Yup. It does all kind of things. You guys should have seen me. I was just talking normally at home then blehg!"

Perrie frightened. "You barfed while talking?" She seemed to find that concept scary. "Uh-oh. Did your mammy make you chicken soup and rub your tummy?"

Leigh-Anne gulped then nodded. "She sure did. What are mums for right?" No she didn't. I made the soup myself and she lectured me about skipping school. She didn't even care that she murdered my friends. She just said that it was good that I was willing to let go of so many. Her mother had been infuriated about so much of her perfume being gone and her room being a mess. She had told Leigh that it wasn't okay to play around with her stuff and had grounded her. Leigh still had not told her about being nominated.

Jade wanted to talk to Leigh. Something was wrong. "You feel better right?"

Leigh smiled and nodded. "I'm all ready to campaign." She pumped fists in the air. "Vote for Leigh! Vote for Leigh! Vote for Leigh!" Jesy had told her to say her campaign promises in the hall so she was going to do that. "Jade and Perrie? Could you guys stick these up all over while I do something very important? Thanks guys." She sped out and slid into the hall way. "Attention everyone! It is I Leigh-Anne, the one that ran away."