EPILOGUE

Next Year January

"The school is on fire! I repeat; The school is on fire!" Leigh-Anne said at the top of her lungs.

Joe gasped at that knowledge. "Okay! Okay! The department is on it!" He picked up his own stuffed ferret from the side lines and rushed with it from the corner of the room to the centre where the Lego school was. He had it driving on a toy fire truck.

Presently, they were in Leigh's room playing on her floor after dinner. Joe, Johnny, Jesy and Leigh had made a Lego school as well as a fire station and were now playing games with it.

Leigh was standing and making her own Dr Weasel fly in an air plane. There were two of the toy ferrets now. One was Joe's and the other was hers. Her dad had found where he had bought the toy and had bought one for Joe for Christmas. They never got their toys mixed up though. Joe's was blue while Leigh's was red.

"We're coming to you live from the scene of a tragedy!" Leigh made Dr Weasel say as he flew over the 'burning' 'school'. Jesy and Johnny were nearby, making fire to put around it. They were drawing flames on orange paper and putting them around the school.

Joe's toy ferret; Dr Collin the Ferret, came by just in time. "I'll save all of the crying children!" He said pulling the paper hose Jesy had made out of the truck.

Jesy giggled then went to the school. She picked up one of the Lego characters. "Save me! Save me!" She was having a lot of fun with this. She was playful by nature but it had been a while since she had played with toys. This was fun. No wonder why Leigh was so childish.

A bit after the scene at the bus station where Leigh had tried to run away- as in two weeks- Leigh's mom had started to help Jesy and her family straight away. CPS was not as bad as Jesy thought they would be. They were really nice. She and her siblings had spoken to many counselors who spoke kindly to them and offered a lot of advice. Currently, Leigh's mother was helping their mother to find a better job and to make a housing plan. It was coming along well. They were going to be living in an apartment as of February. Jesy was excited and sad all at once. She had grown fond of Leigh's home. They had been staying here for quite a while now and every day had been a party.

Jesy's mother had insisted that they help out at the house as much as possible so Jesy and her siblings were constantly washing, cleaning up and all other things. Jesy's mother had cooked a whole lot even though Leigh's mother said it was not necessary. Eventually, Leigh-Anne and her mother would help them and it would be a lot of fun for everyone to work together to make the house nice. After, they would watch movies together.

Leigh-Anne smiled at Jesy. She made Dr Weasel on his plane look down at children in the building. "Fire men need to save the poor children!" She giggled to herself while watching Jesy. She had not been to school since that awful day where she had jumped off the building. Her mother had told her that 'a vacation was due' so she got to take a nice long break. Dr Reid had said it was a good idea and Leigh had been seeing a counselor. Her mother had had one also and they would do family-counselling a lot. Leigh felt like she learned a lot of things about her mother that she would have never known on her own. They knew each other better and were closer now. They had a lot in common actually. I mean, she is my mum. And her mother was giving her ten times more love than ever. The therapist said that that might have also been because of the incident where she almost lost Leigh as well. Her mom barely wanted her alone but Leigh-Anne liked it that way. And she's best friends with Jesy's mum! That was the best part.

Johnny got to his feet suddenly. "Oh no! A giant ogre!" He started running towards the action of their game at the centre and stepped on what they had made. "Oh look at that! Crash! Stomp! Everything is being destroyed!" The other kids were complaining.