Chapter 32

The class of Year 6-A was filled with theories and whispers after the school bell rang to end the day. They huddled in small groups to chat and refrained from getting close to the people they were talking about.

At this point Andre was not just worried, he was furious.

"Mate don't you think that this feud is getting realer than real at this point?" Andre's friend Tyler was saying to him as he packed his bag. He nodded at where Leigh was packing her stuff rather quickly. "Can't believe that even in Lilly's absence her girls are roughing up Leigh. Now that is epic."

Andre shook his head then gave the boy a disgusted look. "What do I keep saying to you guys?"

Tyler smiled. "See now I know that. I listen to you you know. What you keep saying is that in order to win a ball game we need to-"

"Not about football you ninny!" Andre glanced at Leigh and then at Jade and Perrie who were moving quietly to her desk. After lunch, the three girls had tried to come in and act as if nothing had happened but their Geography teacher had caught on that something was off instantly as Jade's clothes were messed up and Leigh was obviously trying to hide an injury. When the man had gotten Leigh to show her face to him he had seemed appalled. He had asked her who had done that to her but she had refused to say a word. The man had then asked Jade who seemed roughed up but the brunette had been silent also. Then, he had taken them outside and while spending ten minutes out he had called in Lilly's crew to meet him and the girls. Lilly's friends now had detention for several weeks and were told to leave Leigh and the others alone unless they wanted to face suspension or even expulsion. The school had a no bullying policy which was taken very seriously.

"What I keep saying is that this is bullying and we should stop using it to be entertained. Leigh isn't in Lilly's dumb 'feud'. She's too mature." Andre got his backpack onto his back then and folded his arms in front of Tyler.

Tyler rolled his eyes then gave Andre a look of disappointment. "You're like a granny mate. Making everything so serious." He pointed at Leigh who was now leaving. "She's not that bothered by it. She didn't even cry. For all we know she probably threw hands. They maybe roughed Jade up and Leigh got all mad and then started a little fight but Leigh got hit because she's too pretty to fight you know?" He was smiling as he did actions to portray what he was saying.

Andre sighed and started leaving. "I wanna talk to her."

Leigh came back inside then and nearly bumped into Andre. "Sorry." She moved passed him and went to the teacher's desk where there was a rose in a vase. She smiled at it then picked it up before leaving. She said goodbye to the class as well then met Jade and Perrie at the door.

Andre had really wanted to speak to her but she seemed busy. "Another time." His face heated as he thought shamefully that she looked pretty with the bruise at her eye. I'm sick.

_________________

"Why did you go back inside for that Leigh-Anne?" Perrie asked. She and the two others were walking to the bench at the parking lot where they would wait for their parents. Perrie had been the one who eventually told the teacher about what happened. Jade and Leigh had shown her angry faces when she expressed the truth but she could not help it. Were they mad at her? She felt like it had been ages since they spoke to each other even though it was probably only a couple hours.

Leigh had been trying to flood her mind with images of rose petals falling on her dream cloud with Jesy when she heard Perrie's nervous little voice echo through her mind. "Hmm?" She sounded dazed.

Jade raised an eyebrow then touched the flower. "For real though . . . where did you get that?" Leigh had come in with it earlier but they had not questioned her.