The Heart's Voice (Part 7)

Man- You are only mine Prerna. Only mine.

He takes a step forward and his face is revealed to be....

**************************************************************

Naveen Mathur. 

The day had been long, a lot of chatting and laughter had filled the Basu mansion as the family had a gala time with Komolika. Prerna and Komo bonded very well, in fact it felt as if the duo were long lost sisters. 

This morning Prerna had rushed to the office when she was told to go to the clinic. (I completely forgot to mention earlier Prerna is a doctor, she was working in the accounts side of the hospital for some time.)

She stepped down into the scorching heat as she shielded her face from the sun, three quick strides and she burst into the fairly large clinic. She seated her self in her new cabin. As she ran her fingers over her name plate, oh the feeling. Her phone beeped as she fished it out of her bag.

I will pick you up at 6

You don't need to Anurag

I do

No you don't

But I will.

Fine.

She sighed and slipped her phone back into her bag as she picked up the chunk of files and headed to the patients wards. 

The day flew by. It was quarter to 6 and she was packing her stuffs back in her locker when the assistant came and told her to meet Naveen.

"Sir ne abhi k abhi bulaya hai"the nurse says and walks of leaving a frightened Prerna.She heaved out tiredly, hoping not an unpleasant sleazy encounter with him, his motives weren't clean and she was well aware of that.

"Come in Ms. Sharma"she heard him calling her out as she knocked on his door.

"kuch kaam tha?"she asked coming and standing at a definite distance away from him. A sweat drop travelled down her spine as he came and stood in front of her, peering her with his unworthy dirty gaze

"I wanted to teach you how to note down a pulse........aapne bed number 11 k patient ki pulse galat record kari Ms.Sharma .......toh galti toh sudharni padegi"he says and clutches her right hand tightly, making her heart thump loudly in her chest, she looked frightened and spooked with his force full grabbing but gathered some courage to break free from the grip.

"I know sir pulse kaise record karte hai.......and I dont need to learn it from you"she replies back staunchly and he laughed wickedly thus tightening his grip and aligning his face with hers.She avoided looking at him and used her other hand to unwrap his fingers.

Prerna its 6 pm Anurag dashed inside his cabin thus annoying Naveen, he immediately left Prerna and started looking everywhere but her ,deep down he was cursing for Anurag's uninvited interference.

"Main bhi Ms.Sharma ko jaane ke liye hi kehraha tha"he says going and standing in front of Anurag ,who gave him a contorted brusque look.

"Aap agar nahi bhi kehte toh bhi main Prerna ko lajata.......I dont take orders from anyone Anurag retorts back sardonically and holds Prerna's hand in front of Naveen, he somewhere didn't get positive vibes from him and felt Prerna being uncomfortable in his presence.

"take it easy man" Naveen says reflecting his cunning look at Anurag, while Anurag looked perturbed with him.

"Exactly! same goes to you........."he says and walks out taking Prerna with him, he didn't know what happened inside with her but her face clearly said that it wasn't something to be happy about.

"I hope aap thik hai?"he asks and she nods in a yes, feeling the mind numbing relaxing feeling to be with him.She didn't knew how he was being her saviour since the last few weeks, couldn't he have arrived much earlier.

"Yeah! all good"she says pasting an assuring smile at him but he didn't look convinced enough.

"you sure?"he asked again and she nodded friskily trying to make it obvious to him.

Anurag lets the topic drop as he strides towards the car and Prerna tails him. The car ride was silent with the faint music of the radio playing in the background. Prerna's phone buzzes as she toys with it in her hand. Finally getting the grip she replies to the messages as her lips curve into a smile. Anurag glanced at her and then concentrated on the road.

The car pulled up in front of Basu mansion as the duo got off. Prerna scurried inside the house and into her room while Anurag seated himself for dinner. Prerna descended the stairs after a good 15-20 minutes dressed in an elegant salwar kamise. Her hair left open, her curls bouncing as she stops beside Anurag.

Prerna- I have to meet some one, will be back late

Anurag- Where?

Prerna- Near dictionaire road.

Anurag- Ah, I have a meeting that side, I can drop you and pick you up

Prerna nodded. After dinner both of them left. Anurag dropped Prerna at the cafe and left for the meeting. 

***

What he saw made him shake with anger. His eyes were blood shot red and his hands clenched into a fist. Oh how correct he was about girls. 

**************************************************************

Sorry for the late and short chapter. The next one will have a lot revelations and twists. This was kind of a filler. As an apology for being late and this chapter being short no Target votes. Will upload the next part within a week.